Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Please fix tames falling through floors

Sick and tired of logging on to find my tames half way through the floor. I used to keep them on the lower level until I logged in and found a cobra had killed it. I since built an upper floor to try and get them out of the way to be safer but I log in to find them always dropping halfway through the floor like dangling food for the snakes.

If you are not going to fix the cobra issue at least fix the system with the floors so we can keep them higher and safe without them dropping back to the bottom. Surely you notice these bugs and should jump on them immediately putting them in the next patch as you go along? How hard can it be to fix for the devs.

https://imgur.com/a/pJoigyV

https://imgur.com/iZlK7FC

• Like 2

It is one of the more difficult aspects of foolery I have experienced in game. All the time and energy invested in traveling, finding, and taming only to have them murdered in "safety". now I just put them on Neutral and deal with the dino ball. It's annoying but better then losing all my tames

DannyUK, it is a particularly hard one for the developers to fix due to the authoritative nature of Atlas and Ark servers. 

Basically as you login (or move into render distance) your client asks the server if MOBs can stand where they should be stood (MOBs zone in before structures). When you are zoning in the client thinks, understandably, that there is no floor under the MOBs because it is yet to be told that there is a floor there by the server. This results in the MOBs dropping into the floor a little.

Unfortunately the creatures can then get stuck in the mesh client-side because when the server delivers the required message to say "Zone in a floor here" the client has already dropped the animal lower than it should; there is a little give and take regarding the location of items or the game would be hell to play (constantly clipping against walls or doors whenever your client is slightly de-synced due to latency).

Any fixes to this, very irritating, issue would likely make it easier for people to no-clip into buildings or exploit other techniques to ruin the game.

Annoying, not easy to fix (and still happens in Ark).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1