Sign in to follow this  
Humcitysav

Claim Timers Wrong

So my company mate and I spent several days, visited 20+ grids looking for claims with this update. We figured a 3 day timer would be a good way to nab land from a mega company. Lo and behold every single claim we visited (even top 10’s) had 3 week timers on them. After the first grid i chalked it up to a bug, but the next 19+ were all the same. 

not sure if it’s a bug or they get three weeks when they are in the claim (unlikely because many of the zones were in tundra with <5 players), but it would be nice to be able to steal a claim with the game mechanics that are supposed to be in place.

Incredibly stupid. Big companies dont need 100+ “outposts” that are empty except for one small shipyard and a hut. 

They get the same protection that a company of 1-5 get, even though they have players active 24/7. 

16 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Yes it is, everywhere 3 weeks. They broke the game (

Maximum flag countdown timer is supposed to drop from 3 weeks to 3 days depending on the number of claim flags the company has. 

From the patch notes: 

v18.15

Miscellaneous

- PvE Claim Flag inactivity timer has been adjusted so that it now scales dynamically. A company with a small number of flags will be declaimable after 3 weeks of inactivity, whereas a company with a large number of claim flags would be declaimable after 3 days of inactivity.

35 minutes ago, Humcitysav said:

So my company mate and I spent several days, visited 20+ grids looking for claims with this update. We figured a 3 day timer would be a good way to nab land from a mega company. Lo and behold every single claim we visited (even top 10’s) had 3 week timers on them. After the first grid i chalked it up to a bug, but the next 19+ were all the same. 

not sure if it’s a bug or they get three weeks when they are in the claim (unlikely because many of the zones were in tundra with <5 players), but it would be nice to be able to steal a claim with the game mechanics that are supposed to be in place.

If you went to any top 10 company, it should have at maximum a 3 day timer. 

@Wh33ls right, it should be saying that. However even top 10’s were showing 21 day timers on them. I was confused because I know they should be at 3 days.

Several days ago, we found one to contest before the timers started showing 21 days on all claims, but it was a top 10 and someone immediately travelled there to contest.

9 minutes ago, Wh33ls said:

Maximum flag countdown timer is supposed to drop from 3 weeks to 3 days depending on the number of claim flags the company has. 

it will start working in 3 weeks

I did a rough calculation and you need around 150 land flags to reach 3 days. Sea flags do not count at all. Even with 50 flags you are still having like 2 weeks.

@Shintai that seems very high, definitely needs to be lower if that’s the case. 

Even so I saw some claims from the top 3, and they still had 21 day timers.

52 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Yes it is, everywhere 3 weeks. They broke the game (

Yet AGAIN.  Honestly, this is the only mmo of any type I play where I get a sinking feeling (no pun intended) when they announce a forthcoming patch.