Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

Resource bounty system

I would like to see a resource bounty system, ie Bring me 1000 copper I will pay 400G. 

You could Hire an NPC as a shop keeper with a upkeep just like any other Npc.

I would limit to 1-4 tiles away how far the bounty broadcasts so you don’t have 5000 entries when you search the market and prevent a single company from price manipulation over the entire grid. (Prevent is a strong word.. it would make it harder)

You could also limit the NPC to being a specific type of trader (set to wood as an example).

Just an idea.

- New Feature: Player shops in freeports. Players can set up automated shops in each Freeport, listing loot for sale and naming their own gold coin prices.

From patch notes for late February

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

- New Feature: Player shops in freeports. Players can set up automated shops in each Freeport, listing loot for sale and naming their own gold coin prices.

From patch notes for late February

This is not what he is talking about.. Yes there will be freeport shops.

However they have not said anything yet about a resource bounty system

Would be nice works like a Buying shop instead of selling. 

I put gold in the shop and list items i want at a price per gold. and the shop buys items instead of selling them. 

Meh. Same thing except he will have to go find the shop with the materials he wants. Going to be lag city with just the shop npcs, double them with WTB npcs and no one will escape a freeport. 

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

Meh. Same thing except he will have to go find the shop with the materials he wants. Going to be lag city with just the shop npcs, double them with WTB npcs and no one will escape a freeport. 

That's why having the shops in freeport is kinda dumb. You should be able to have the shops at your claim. It would give more of a feeling of having actual towns if you could have a retail district, with NPCs both buying and selling, as well as being able to name your price either in gold, or other resources. Bartering for resources you don't have on your island would be much more useful than only selling for gold.

37 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

That's why having the shops in freeport is kinda dumb. You should be able to have the shops at your claim. It would give more of a feeling of having actual towns if you could have a retail district, with NPCs both buying and selling, as well as being able to name your price either in gold, or other resources. Bartering for resources you don't have on your island would be much more useful than only selling for gold.

Freeports for trading npcs could be ok as long as they limit them. Maybe to 1 per company per freeport. No need for a salesman npc on you claim, that is what you are there for. lol

17 hours ago, DilBert said:

Freeports for trading npcs could be ok as long as they limit them. Maybe to 1 per company per freeport. No need for a salesman npc on you claim, that is what you are there for. lol 

That forces you to sit on your claim all day, hoping someone comes by to trade. If you could set up NPC vendors, it would give the ability to buy and sell when you're not online, or are off exploring, gathering in other zones.

As an added bonus, it gives an incentive to explore and makes player towns more town-like. Star Wars Galaxies had an amazing system in place, where there were guild-built and run cities, where you'd have shops, etc. Even better were the essentially free-build areas, where you'd have rows of shops set up by different people, and the coolest thing to see were the random, out of the way shops, that were in the middle of nowhere. If the seller had either killer prices, or amazing equipment for sale, it would become a destination for people.

As is, other than resources, theres no incentive to visit other islands once you have the discovery point. If an island has the same resources I do, and I've visited it once, I'm probably not going to ever stop there again. Player shops at the claim would give a reason to go back and visit these places, in hopes for good prices on resources, or good gear, etc.

The other major advantage is that it would stop people from clustering in freeports, again, and gives incentive to head out and explore - again, if they've already explored the area, in hopes that someone has something new. And,  If I live in D9 and know that the shop in J5 buys sugar at a great price, I'm going to take the risk and head there to sell my sugar. Same thing if I know of a shop in M7 that sells legendary tools for a good price.

Edited by MeatSammich