Sign in to follow this  
bitemyass

taming

look, i understand you guys are COMPLETE UTTER MORONS when it comes to taming and the system you put in but DAMN.  The taming system is so fucking broken and stupid it is just painful.  There is no enjoyment, there is almost no benefit from taming.  You morons should either fix the system or just fucking remove it completely. 

1) the hit-boxes for actually feeding the dumbass animals is stupid as hell. 

2)inability to use any form of strategy or tactics to tame the animal is just fucking braindead

3)with all the resources that you have to waste and all the time you have to put into it the end result is far from worth it.  better to just use metal tools and go about your damn day.

4) animals don't even make sense.  Why the fuck would a rhino NOT get metal from a regular rock when you can get it with a pick axe?  What flunk-monkey came up with that dumbass idea?

6 minutes ago, bitemyass said:

4) animals don't even make sense.  Why the fuck would a rhino NOT get metal from a regular rock when you can get it with a pick axe?  What flunk-monkey came up with that dumbass idea?

You are right in they don´t make sense. How would a rhino collect anything to begin with? How would a bear collect fiber? The only sole utility animal close to it´s ability is the elephant.

i know sometimes it is very difficult. but what do you want every times you try you will have the pet ?

the target area change now if the head is outside sometimes you must be inside the taming den and sometimes outside.

Even for the elephant and the girafe , their target are a little of the chart. The system is good but sometimes a little crazy.

The breeding is completely broken not the taming.

I can agree the feeding window on tames is a bit screwy since a few patches ago. Part of this was stopping taming through walls so taming pens can cause issues when the tame falls in a bad way to feed them. I also have not been able to feed from above the head with any regularity feeding between the legs while looking at the head seems to the the only method... Even then I sneak up and have the sneak bonuses and get hit quite often by them doing the struggle attack. I have found if I sit just outside where I see the timer I can pop in feed back out and get most of the feedings in... although sometimes i get hit over and over. I would definitely bring a friend or two and have a bed near to get back quick (and wear good armor). 

As to the rock thing for rhinos... I don't see the issue they are meant to gather rock from stone and have been that way forever. They do give metal off metal nodes but you seem to get more from picks with the 2x bonus weekends. Elephants are great for wood and even weight in general, bears are great for fiber and certain kinds of sugars as well as for carrying weight and killing alphas, the all around utility tame, if you tame anything get a bear. Not any great tames for thatch but I just drag a bear and bring a few picks and a couple piles of food and can get 20k+ in 30 minutes easily using the bear to carry all the weight. Parrots give a nice fortitude buff, monkeys give a nice healing buff (useful to have on your shoulder when taming), ostriches and horses are good for recon on new islands but not great for anything although horse weight is alright. Pigs are pretty meh. Bulls I hear can give ok thatch if you have the right kind of foilage which gives thatch/wood using a sickle or bear but still better off with a pick. Cows for milk chickens for eggs. Oh and rabbits are fun to tame and throw on someone boat to overload their crew capacity... Nothing like a boatload of bunnies to bring a ship down.