Sign in to follow this  
Viscos

Add PVP node to enable testing of features

Change Freeport M9 To PVP  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Dev's change servers status of M9 to PVP?

• Yes, This is needed to extend testing
    • No!, go to PVP ...

Hello. 

So ive noticed that its possible to mix PVE and PVP servers. 
I am all for the PVE experience (its very nice to build simular to creative) 

BUT

i would like to test the PVP features in an area simular to arena fights. 

Due to this i suggest that one of the freeports (M9 suggested) would be transformed to Lawless PVP. 
It would be simple to avoid if you do not want PVP and for those who wants to test out PVP with the safety of PVE enviroment could go there and battle out (maybee sink a boat or two). 

i should add that i do not want to have several accounts. one is more than enough with animal, npc's and houses to keep in order. 

• Like 1

Yes i agree. I think it would be better to just merge everything PvP & PvE together in whole BIG world instead of separate worlds. 🙂 Ofc whole thing would need another set of rules... how would transfer of goods, ships,... count because a lot of PvPers would love to be "safe" in PvE areas. 

Edited by IcyAxe

The game Pirates of the Burning Sea had (has? Not sure if it's still around) an interesting system for PVE/PVP.  If a faction besieged a port, a PVP circle would pop around the port and the two factions could choose to fight over control of the port. You could just sail around the circle of you wanted to avoid PVP, and it had interesting effects on trade. 

I have no idea how GS could pull something like that off, but I would definitely need interested in a PVP zone on a PVE server.

PVP on a PVE server will never work. That would allow large companies to camp the borders of the zone and kill everyone soon as they enter. Keep them seperate

The problem are server tiles and unknown what lies behind server borders. Server travel is broken.  Having whole world in one seamless world (check Spatial OS) where you see beyond server borders and travel without server borders would make this game really good. You would see ships from far away  And you could avoid PvP zones if there is someone camping the border.

Imo still they should convert one of freeports to pvp zone.