Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Time it takes to spawn buildings

Is there a way to make things appear much faster as you approach them? Maybe I'm missing something in the settings although I have it on high but when you approach things on the ship you come so close to hitting a shipyard or ship because it hasn't appeared fast enough.

I have also notice this getting worse with our base, when you respawn you see empty space for a few seconds before everything appears. I hope this can be fixed, I tend to slow down near islands now but you always get some strange people who have built boxes or shipyards way out into the sea, is there any need?

The issue seems to be the server and how fast it can feed the clients. So in short, no.

3 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

As far as I can tell its bandwidth related, or lack thereof

Do you mean the servers bandwidth, or the player?

Because i have 1Gbit internet, and still occasionally crash into stuff because it hasnt loaded yet, mostly when its close to a huge base, but still.

In my experience especially shipyards loads slowly for some reason, so maybe they are not very optimized or something.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, Fiil said:

Because i have 1Gbit internet, and still occasionally crash into stuff because it hasnt loaded yet, mostly when its close to a huge base, but still.

In my experience especially shipyards loads slowly for some reason, so maybe they are not very optimized or something.

Well I was joining while the wife was still downloading on Steam and I could really tell how much worse it was. She paused and I tried again and it was night and day difference.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:48 AM, Fiil said:

Client is capped at 60Kb/sec or so as an "epic" setting.

The stuff is there, its not rendering yet.

You can test it by logging in and running, it will run on top of the stuff and it wont let you run through walls. So the server/client know it exists but its slow to render. Its the engine along with some server issues but mostly badly coded engine performance coupled with a bad client.

7 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Well you watch it DL in Task Manager it aint no 60KB.

8 hours ago, Shintai said:

Yeah, forgot about that setting, but really it shouldnt take much bandwidth to tell the client what buildings is around them, its not like its sending a picture of it 😄