Sign in to follow this  
Demonslaer25

Rollback the servers

Hello, I believe there is a serious need for a rollback to when the connection issues began. Several instances of companies taking advantage of their enemies being unable to respond to an attack because they and/or their allies that would normally be around were not due not to a lack of willingness or desire to respond but due to the inability to log on due to a problem on the developers and servers end. Getting wiped because you lost is one thing. Getting wiped because you and your allies could literally do nothing to prevent it is B.S. and the fault of the developers. Please correct this issue.

no man, doing rollback dont solve a thing. You in a good place for rollback I understand and people who sailing sea's etc... that are in bad place for rollback. Stop being egocentric, and start pressuring Dev's to fix things and not rollsback every issue there is. 

P.S if I lose one more ship due to bugs or those damn rollsback, im done with this game. 250h+ on it. I'm here since the begining, but this is insane how they play with people time. There is no respect at all! But np, we throw a rollback and double event to shut people up. 

Farm shipy get your shipy destroyed, repeat enjoy. 

Edited by Zaki
typo
  • Like 1

Lost my level 30+ ship full of blueprints, around 8 hours wasted because of this. I really don't feel like rejoining and rebuilding my ship for the 10th time in last 15 days. If it's not offline griefers then its bugs and crashes. Either way I think I'm done until we get offline protection for ships.

1 minute ago, ave26 said:

Lost my level 30+ ship full of blueprints, around 8 hours wasted because of this. I really don't feel like rejoining and rebuilding my ship for the 10th time in last 15 days. If it's not offline griefers then its bugs and crashes. Either way I think I'm done until we get offline protection for ships.

Feel you man, got my brig full of stuff stuck between two zones. Cant spawn on it cant see it its there. When I get near it disapears lol… now anchored galleon on Freeport and servers down, gg byebye galleon freshly built...

Yeah this is DEFINITELY not a steam issue. Im seeing person after person saying they sail to an affected Tile, they got booted from server and cant log back in with server issue. The fact the dev is pointing us to a steam status site where im sure atlas player after atlas player is reporting this as a steam issue instead of the obvious game issue is beyond me. Of course everyone is going to hit steam issues with that link. I have NO ISSUE WITH ANY GAME except this in Steam

• Thanks 1

I would feel bad but we have guys breaking 600+hours. It's not that a rollback is always a good option but in one where a large percentage of people can't get on I'm sorry but if the roles were reversed they would feel the same. I'm not being egocentric I'm pointing out that when so many different powers are pretty equal and fighting in game that server issues giving one group an unfair advantage is indeed B.S. It's not about my being in a good place I've been offline since late last night Mountain time in the U.S. so it wouldn't help me either way it's about the small groups that have grouped up against the massive groups to be able to play and have a chance getting f'd. You can whine about losing a ship but how about losing an entire base or fleet? Yes they should fix the actual issues but as this is early access and still in alpha rollbacks sometimes are the best option for everybody overall. But it's ok hopefully you don't run into the same issue, but if you do maybe you'll not be so quick to dismiss my opinion as egocentric. 

When the game breaks like this they should just do a global wipe.ROK style :skull:

I get you man, sorry for calling you egocentrinc just mad because gonna lose a Galleon freshly made. We are all on same boat and a community and we need to stick gether. But I firmly stand my ground, that rollback's dont resolve a things, they just spoil the community for "fast resolve" and it bad habit for dev's, because if you spoil some one with easy wayout(pointing at you devs with rollbacks) instead finding the solution to the problem. They gonna rollback all the issues. Its just bad habit buddy thats it. 

• Like 1

also anyone with 600+ hours is legit staying logged in. Thats 25 24 hour days. The game has only been out for 44 days....

Please devs recognize that this isnt server related. It has something to do with the characters disconnected. Im sorry I had to post this in different forums but I want to get the point across that we are still able to play anywhere else but where the character that was previously disconnected. It seems as though it cant recognize the location and therefore wont let us connect to that region.

1 minute ago, Zaki said:

I get you man, sorry for calling you egocentrinc just mad because gonna lose a Galleon freshly made. We are all on same boat and a community and we need to stick gether. But I firmly stand my ground, that rollback's dont resolve a things, they just spoil the community for "fast resolve" and it bad habit for dev's, because if you spoil some one with easy wayout(pointing at you devs with rollbacks) instead finding the solution to the problem. They gonna rollback all the issues. Its just bad habit buddy thats it.  

I have to agree with this. Rollbacks also present another NOT so obvious issue. They give players in other time zones amazing advantages.

• Thanks 1

Jat @Jatheish 46m46 minutes ago

Jat Retweeted Jat

Sadly nothing new to share on this front yet. Still waiting to hear back and suspect it's related to the Steam downtime (https://downdetector.com/status/steam ). Seems to be effecting some users sporadically.

Just now, Congo said:

Jat @Jatheish 46m46 minutes ago

Jat Retweeted Jat

Sadly nothing new to share on this front yet. Still waiting to hear back and suspect it's related to the Steam downtime (https://downdetector.com/status/steam ). Seems to be effecting some users sporadically.

lol wut

On my Schooner in EU PvE, just entered H13 and got kicked. That was around two hours ago, since then not able to connect.....PepeSad.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Demonslaer25 said:

Hello, I believe there is a serious need for a rollback to when the connection issues began. Several instances of companies taking advantage of their enemies being unable to respond to an attack because they and/or their allies that would normally be around were not due not to a lack of willingness or desire to respond but due to the inability to log on due to a problem on the developers and servers end. Getting wiped because you lost is one thing. Getting wiped because you and your allies could literally do nothing to prevent it is B.S. and the fault of the developers. Please correct this issue.

Yes, everyone needs to know that wildcard is all about pushing the blame on anything else other than themselves. They do it constantly.

they literally never take responsibility for anything 😂

1 hour ago, ave26 said:

I have 360+ hours on this game.  Today, for the last 8 hours, our allies have been attacked by a STREAMER, who wrecked their entire company.  Where were we?  Unable to do a dang thing due to a login issue.  A roll back is the only way to fix this.  It's not just one company.  This occurred to many, many people.  PvP servers have encountered complete devastation.  

And I hope you stay.  This is a great game and lots of fun to play.  If you need a company to help you protect offline ships, let me know.  Fair Seas and Good Wind!

1 hour ago, Demonslaer25 said:
1 hour ago, Congo said:

also anyone with 600+ hours is legit staying logged in. Thats 25 24 hour days. The game has only been out for 44 days....

I have 360+ hours of gameplay.  I work a full time job and stay busy outside of the game.  I'm sure 600+ is easy for a neck beard to do.

Not their problem... Its a Steam problem...

I was playing with 3 friends, all connected by steam (sorry for my bad english, not my mother language)

I move with my ship to L12, i got disconected 5 mins before. My 2 friends was at K12, they havent any problem... A friend of mine, fast travel to my ship, to save it, because i cant log in... and 2 mins later, he got the same problem... 

The 3 friend, stay 2 hours with no issue, on other cluster, fast travel to another cluster, and he have 0 problems... 

For sure, is a Steam problem...

Can we obtain a Refound instead of rollback??

Edited by Nebu
  • Thanks 1