Sign in to follow this  
ave26

Increase freeport decay time to 15 hours as a temporary solution

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Never happened to me, but if it's buggy it will keep being buggy even if the decay rate is decreased. Mid sized/large companies that always have someone online can use this mechanics right now. It takes one guy just a few minutes to repair several ships if the mats are in the resource box. Yet, only a few companies ever use it. There will be no apocalypse if the decay rate is decreased.

I was looking at it as a solo player perspective since thats how i play. But yes then it is already being manipulated. By making it have a even longer decay timer it will just make things even worse.

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

But yes then it is already being manipulated

Yes. And it's not a problem, like at all. I don't think anyone had quit the game because "hey these guys are storing their ships there wtf trash game i quit".

Edited by LaiTash

Just now, LaiTash said:

Yes. And it's not a problem, like at all. I don't think anyone had quit the game because "hey these guys are storing their ships there wtf trash game i quit".

Not yet but if they added longer time like 16 hours or 24 hours. It will start to become abused by everyone to the point it is a big issue. Right now being only 8 hours no one is really bothered by doing it but a few. Wait till all of the server starts doing it with multiple ships etc. 

It will start to become abused by everyone to the point it is a big issue.

It won't be a bigger issue than having nowhere to keep your ship safe as a solo player. It probably won't be an issue at all - can't tell until it's tested. 

Edited by LaiTash

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It won't be a bigger issue than having nowhere to keep your ship safe as a solo player. It probably won't be an issue at all - can't tell until it's tested. 

But we do not want safe zones. That would make it worse. For the people wanting that they should go play PVE

Just now, LaiTash said:

Who are "we"?

The silent majority that is playing official PVP right now.  The ones that like it the way it is.

Edited by labatts

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

The silent majority that is playing official PVP right now.  The ones that like it the way it is.

If the silent majority was happy the game wouldn't be losing players left, right and center. https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

1 minute ago, Pant said:

If the silent majority was happy the game wouldn't be losing players left, right and center. https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

The game is losing people because they are bored, hackers, devs being to slow with bug fixes. Its a joke to think that those people are all leaving because of not having ORP. Alot of people are playing on unofficial servers as well. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

The game is losing people because they are bored, hackers, devs being to slow with bug fixes. Its a joke to think that those people are all leaving because of not having ORP. Alot of people are playing on unofficial servers as well. 

How do you know this? What are these statements based on? And its through steam so unofficial servers are counted aswell.

There is nothing wrong with safe ships in PVE. When you log in after work you can be sure that you are not a freeport tree puncher.

Thats why EVE ONLINE survived that many years and thats why Atlas is doomed.

1 minute ago, Pant said:

How do you know this? What are these statements based on? And its through steam so unofficial servers are counted aswell.

Well i would say the same. How do you know all of these people are leaving because there is no ORP ??? Take a look at reddit and see all the people complaining about the roll back losing ships, Hackers, people complaining about region locks because of chinese players. To put the blame on not having ORP is pretty foolish. When there are some severe issues going on with the game atm. 

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

There is nothing wrong with safe ships in PVE. When you log in after work you can be sure that you are not a freeport tree puncher.

Thats why EVE ONLINE survived that many years and thats why Atlas is doomed.

This is not EVE online. And this official PVP server there shouldn't be PVE aspects that is why there is a server dedicated to just PVE> 

Just now, labatts said:

Well i would say the same. How do you know all of these people are leaving because there is no ORP ??? Take a look at reddit and see all the people complaining about the roll back losing ships, Hackers, people complaining about region locks because of chinese players. To put the blame on not having ORP is pretty foolish. When there are some severe issues going on with the game atm. 

My statement was that the game is losing players because the majority is unhappy with the game in its current state. You are saying the majority is happy and enjoying the game.

3 minutes ago, Pant said:

My statement was that the game is losing players because the majority is unhappy with the game in its current state. You are saying the majority is happy and enjoying the game.

that was aimed towards majority not wanting ORP and liking the PVP aspect the way it is. 

Just now, labatts said:

that was aimed towards majority not wanting ORP and liking the PVP aspect the way it is. 

And you don't know this, you are presenting an opinion as a fact.

2 minutes ago, Pant said:

And you don't know this, you are presenting an opinion as a fact.

Alot of the people I have played with in game say they do not want that. A Few of the ones that did left and went and played unofficial. 

23 minutes ago, labatts said:

Alot of the people I have played with in game say they do not want that.

Alot of the people i have played with in game say they do. So what?

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Alot of the people i have played with in game say they do. So what?

And I say again there are servers with that ability already that are populated. Have at it. 

And I say again there are servers with that ability already that are populated. Have at it. 

And i say again private servers aren't a viable option for a MMO. And the fact that there are pservers that are populated only proves that the current design of official is flawed.

30 minutes ago, labatts said:

Alot of the people I have played with in game say they do not want that. A Few of the ones that did left and went and played unofficial. 

People of the same opinion tend to group together... Now you are just taking your opinion + your friends and stating it as facts. You are just fabricating facts to fit with your previous arguments. This is a proper pointless discussion.

3 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

And i say again private servers aren't a viable option for a MMO. And the fact that there are pservers that are populated only proves that the current design of official is flawed.

The design isn't flawed people just want different style of play and instead of demanding official server to  change and posting it here on the forums they are going to unofficial to play and have fun.  Well I for one do not want it to change and like the setup how it is. And i know for a fact other people have the same view as I do. 

Just now, labatts said:

The design isn't flawed people just want different style of play and instead of demanding official server to  change

It's EA, the changes are to be expected and are required for official to survive.

It's EA, the changes are to be expected and are required for official to survive.

Yes it is EA and there will be changes. But adding ORP for official PVP to survive is not the issue. The issue is land claims and other stuff. Not ORP

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

The issue is land claims and other stuff.

What's wrong with land claims? A lot of people are fine with them as they are and don't want them to change. How dare you to ask for changes?

Edited by LaiTash

What's wrong with land claims? A lot of people are fine with them as they are and don't want them to change. How dare you to ask for changes?

your joking right most of the complaints on reddit are about land claims and even a bunch on the forums are complaining about how they were implemented. I am not against changes as long as its not to create safe havens being ORP or safe servers to stay and live at on the PVP server.