Sign in to follow this  
merlin66676

Sail direction needs fixing

I know it's a minor thing, but can we get the direction that the handling sails and the boom move fixed. When sailing with the wind the boom should be perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and when sailing into the wind, the boom should face the direction of the wind, going downwind, not upwind or perpendicular.

I know it's a small thing, but can it get added to a fix at some point.

Thanks

• Like 2

The weight sails also need some correction. The medium weight sails is graphically out of touch as well. As sails and ropes not connected to the mast.

• Like 1

I agree the angular sails are backwards, I almost thought maybe they loaded the model mirrored because the crows nest is backwards too compared to speed sails. Really triggered when the wind is blowing into the sail from the front to push the boat forward.

• Like 2

Would also like to see a sail on the bowsprit deploy, even if it’s merely cosmetic

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 4:03 AM, merlin66676 said:

I know it's a minor thing, but can we get the direction that the handling sails and the boom move fixed. When sailing with the wind the boom should be perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and when sailing into the wind, the boom should face the direction of the wind, going downwind, not upwind or perpendicular.

I know it's a small thing, but can it get added to a fix at some point.

Thanks

Indeed - it bugs and irritates me that these are always turned AGAINST the wind, instead with the wind... 
I guess that it will be corrected sometimes, how obvious this 'error' is, no doubt it is on their to-do list, but it doesn't break the game (yet).

So, people who are working hard programming on this game, take your time to fix this (and this, and that, and...)  - take your time, but hurry up! 😄 

Should be a small big big QoL fix. Hopefully they soon get to it. it just makes my feet cringe all the time.