Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Norris

Freeports get spamed with Tamed Animals as Storage for Stuff.

Please Devs,

there are already companys on PVP server who spam tamed animals on freeports as a safty backup maybe with shipparts in it.  Maybe a short claim timer helps 1-2 hours? 

Screenshots from EU PVP - M9 

042D81DD3AAEA8AB862488CD78F95491ADCB59E33492076BBF36DD4E0B8B0EA53731C3907EFAA9B31F68CDE726422D64F9584121C502F6BDF891B250ADDF2ACB2D95F055B43968DCA8B64401A1EEAFC3ompanys on PVP server who spam tamed animals on freeports as a safty backup maybe with shipparts in it.  Maybe a short claim timer helps 1-2 hours? 

• Thanks 1

Even if they are there for another reason. Freeports should not be abused for parking ships, tamed animals, claim land and so on. I think should be a just visiting Non Pvp area. And fights for stuff life and honor elsewhere. 

people should be forced to play pvp on a pvp server. And not able to keep their goodies where no one can reach them. 

And please let sleeping player chars die after one day on freeport. Dont give guys with 2 accounts the chance to store their Blue Prints in Freeport. 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:45 AM, Chuck Norris said:

Freeports should not be abused for parking ships, tamed animals, claim land and so on.

As soon as we get ORP the devs can do whatever they fucking want to freeports. Freeports are the only thing that allows me to play this game as travelling eeeh traveller because as soon as i log out everywhere else i loose my ship when i wake up. And i'm nowhere near my home base. There is absolutely nothing wrong with storing stuff at freeports, as there's absolutely nothing wrong with storing stuff in eve's highsec. Someone's using freeports to store stuff and you want that stuff? Intercept them on their way home with it when they have a chance of fighting back.

Also they're adding player shops soon, so expect addition of some kind safe storage to freeports because i don't see how they can work otherwise.

Edited by LaiTash

16 hours ago, LaiTash said:

As soon as we get ORP the devs can do whatever they fucking want to freeports. Freeports are the only thing that allows me to play this game as travelling eeeh traveller because as soon as i log out everywhere else i loose my ship when i wake up. And i'm nowhere near my home base. There is absolutely nothing wrong with storing stuff at freeports, as there's absolutely nothing wrong with storing stuff in eve's highsec. Someone's using freeports to store stuff and you want that stuff? Intercept them on their way home with it when they have a chance of fighting back.

Also they're adding player shops soon, so expect addition of some kind safe storage to freeports because i don't see how they can work otherwise.

Preach it!

Should be able to park ships in freeports and pay gold for rentals. Maybe a max amount of time like 16 hours at a time. We can't have anything live when sleeping and work all our ships die daily. Maybe a company limit like 1 ship or 2 ships per Company etc.

we store animals at FP because large animals take up space on a ship making it difficult to move; their physical body larger than their visual unless you have a galleon you can barely move around your ship and animals can only be stored on the deck for elephants, giraffes or bears. We don't use them to store blueprints we use them to gather mass amounts of resources because FP has the fastest respawn time for nodes we are capable of storing ship parts at our bases or on ships without leaving them on animals were they have a chance of being killed or lost for staying away too long. getting animals onto ships is difficult and if they teleport into the boats lower deck or into a structure they are stuck there and or in some cases have to destroy the boat planks to get them out. Get over yourself until you actually tame an animal and try to transport it by boat you have no reason to be hot headed.

If an animal is in the FP its because the group goes there often and in most cases they are a lawless company or live in an area where logging off means a wild snake or yeti will kill it, there are so many bugs with tames such as they will teleport outside of their enclosures because they wander even when its turned off, giant snakes go through walls, yeti can attack through stone, animal decides to fall through the worlds geometry or disappear from map over night. has nothing to do with losing a tame in pvp if that was the case no one would fight with them has more to do with broken AI mechanics and the haste with transporting. its easier to leave an animal there when you know you will be back to gather, and how about you just wait the 7 days and try to claim the animal for yourself if you have an issue with it being there.

Edited by Death Strike Gaming

Freeports should not be abused for parking ships,

free port

Dictionary result for free port

/ˈfrē ˌpôrt/
noun
noun: freeport
  1. a port open to all traders.
    • a port area where goods in transit are exempt from customs duty.

Uhh....