Tikar

Will Atlas make the same mistake as retail WoW?

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

And I can tell you about the officer fit Arbitrator that made a mockery of two stealth bombers that had been terrorizing our system for days.

Pilot skills come first. If you know what you're doing, neither SP nor Isk will make up for that.  If you do know what you're doing, money is just as good as SP.

So you admit that the player skills trump the skill points and money thrown at the character...  Or are you saying that it doesn't matter if you have money to throw at it and that Eve is Pay2win.  Because if that last part is the case, you have NO clue what you are talking about.

Pilot skills and SP are two different things.  And where did you see me say anything about $$$??  I said ISK... you do know what that is don't you?  You have played EVE haven't you?

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Care to see my fit for a 2 billion isk Arbitrator?   <------------

Edited by Jean Lafitte

41 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

And I can tell you about the officer fit Arbitrator that made a mockery of two stealth bombers that had been terrorizing our system for days.

Pilot skills come first. If you know what you're doing, neither SP nor Isk will make up for that.  If you do know what you're doing, money is just as good as SP.

I specified packs and stealth bomber packs were used to take down large ships in a concerted attack. They are not meant to take down an officer fit Arbitrator. The cheaper fit T1 frigate wolfpack on the other hand has better odds as long as the pilots know how to neutralise the Arbitrator's drones. Nothing too difficult to be honest.

Anyway I feel I have diverged too much. I play PvE in Atlas simply because there isn't the infrastructure for meaningful PvP. For now it's all offline raiding and that is not PvP in my books. Better to chill on a PvE server for now waiting for an economy and content.

Edited by Fefu
add content

16 hours ago, Tikar said:

Description of Atlas on steam: " ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale"

For those who dont know, MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online

Captains log 19 states:

"This means we’re going to be changing core systems to ensure that those who ... play in small groups or as solo players are still able to experience the highs seas of ATLAS.

I cant believe that wildcard studio, who delivered two of the most epic games of all time, ARK and Atlas, wants to change core mechanics of an MMO of unprecedented scale so that SOLO players can experience the lategame. This is absolutely absurd.

Multiplayer games are not ment to be played by solo players, period! Just make some goddamn singleplayer game for these people, but dont ruin an epic MMO. Do not follow the retail WoW path!

Just an FYI,, WOW is an MMORPG Atlas in an MMO.. Believe it or not there is actually a difference in the two styles of games you mentioned

I would like to point our that wildcard/grapeshot is a game designer yes but also a business.. So to all those people saying solo players or small groups need not apply.. I'm pretty sure the devs have spoken and proven you ALL wrong they want small groups and solo players as well as large groups.. WHY???? Because more people equals more money.. I really think some of you people need to practice your people and logic skills... That or go make your own game geared for large groups only and let us know how that worked out for you.. lol