Ringo O'Rourke

No Sap on Tundra

I really, really hope Grapeshot does not make the Tundra easier to live in. This means not adding sap.

Most people who go there willingly (as opposed to be forced to go there because of lack of claimable land), do so because they enjoy the solitude or the challenge.

My friend and I went there for both. We are veterans of survival games, and loved building our base up from nothing against the elements, even when the wolves were OP. We also enjoy the small community of like-minded people that has developed, with each person contributing as they can, but also minding their own business. This is what we left the more populated zones for.

I fear that if sap nodes are added to the Tundra, and fur armor is easy to craft, all the problems that infest the easier zones will come to the Tundra. It will no longer be the place of solitude and challenge that it is.

Keep the Tundra hard, cold and sap-free. 

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke

Yes. But on the other hand, stone is pretty important in this game (before the nerf) and I’m pretty sure it gets buffed again. But..

1. People that have loads of metal and saps have the advantage in general, but also when the markets get rolling and we’re gonna sell saps. We get coins from people that have hit it hard already. So it’s a double up, which in my opinion could’ve been handled way better. Personally I wouldn’t mind it if I lived in tundra simply because I like going with cargo ships to get some resources. 

i'd like it if the colder biomes had some inherent advantages to being there. and who knows, maybe they will. maybe we'll see more trenches there, or something else.

so it might not be exactly the same in tundra but in polar there's coral everywhere on the ocean floor

hand-collecting one coral node gives ~33 coral which grinds up into 100 organic paste

50 fort and two levels of swim speed skill + two levels of water temp resistance skill is enough to get down, grab a few and get back up entirely alive

there's jute down there too

I definitely agree with this Ringo...for obvious reasons 😛  You have my upvote and support in this!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

I really, really hope Grapeshot does not make the Tundra easier to live in. This means not adding sap.

Most people who go there willingly (as opposed to be forced to go there because of lack of claimable land), do so because they enjoy the solitude or the challenge.

My friend and I went there for both. We are veterans of survival games, and loved building our base up from nothing against the elements, even when the wolves were OP. We also enjoy the small community of like-minded people that has developed, with each person contributing as they can, but also minding their own business. This is what we left the more populated zones for.

I fear that if sap nodes are added to the Tundra, and fur armor is easy to craft, all the problems that infest the easier zones will come to the Tundra. It will no longer be the place of solitude and challenge that it is.

Yeah they are going to add all mats on all islands. Just a matter of time

1 hour ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

Your solitude is gone man. This isn’t the game you wanted. This is a game where if you want to be alone, you move somewhere else when other people come. Not the other way around.

10 minutes ago, Mithrian said:

I definitely agree with this Ringo...for obvious reasons 😛  You have my upvote and support in this!

The artic is a place for everyone. I plan on over running it when atlas comes to console. I have always love the artic