Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Good changes are coming

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes. If you mean flintstone. It’s 2 flint 1 coal I believe

Yes pretty much. I have noticed they have changed around names a bit. I am so busy looking at changes I don’t reallt have the time to learn the new terminology for things. 

I think it will be good to feel like a noob again. Nothing compared to being an ark noob though since now we have something to go off of lol

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You make 100 medium cannonballs.  

The complete breakdown of that is.

1000 metal, 1200 gunpowder (  2400 charcoal, 1200 flint) and 100 flint.   

And that will last about 6 SotD maybe 7...  

Each medium cannonball does about 1200 damage to a SotD.  Your average low level SotD has around 30-40k health.   So figure about 25-30 hits.  

So 250 metal, 300 gunpowder per ship? That would be a reasonable amount. What are the full rewards for killing SoTD?

1 minute ago, Realist said:

So 250 metal, 300 gunpowder per ship? That would be a reasonable amount. What are the full rewards for killing SoTD?

At that level maybe 10 gold coins, 3 blueprints of nothing special, maybe some food, like salted meat, or salted fish and 2-3 level 1-5 crew floating in the water that you have to hire at 5-10 gold each.  

1 hour ago, Kveldulf said:

I also like the QoL changes they will be implementing, and that it's on the forefront.  Most notably for me is the Territory Message box-size.  Very cool that they're altering it!

Also like the bookshelves coming, I just like bookshelves in all games 🙂

More reason to spend time underwater sounds fun too.

Different thread of information than what Realist was talking about, but good changes coming nonetheless.

To be honest man, I like bookshelves too. Even though I am very pvp oriented, I didn’t want blueprints taking up 100 slots in my vault when you could stick them in a little book shelf. 

And this is when the vault size was still stupid big. I was very pleased when ark lessened the size of vaults.

plus I do like the whole underwater thing but that is mainly because I think they are doing it because of water tames.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

At that level maybe 10 gold coins, 3 blueprints of nothing special, maybe some food, like salted meat, or salted fish and 2-3 level 1-5 crew floating in the water that you have to hire at 5-10 gold each.  

The loot sounds like crap. But I do like the 5 possible npc’s though. When I was doing Conan I had so many damn thrills I just threw them in my front yards.

ill probably turn into a gold grinder after my bases are done. Would love to have as many npc’s as possible. Especially if I can mate with them.

what I am expecting is that you can have more than one offspring. If so I will have multiple little clones and never worry about the age debuff. I’ll just wait till I hit 90 and have someone log into my account while I am asleep so my age goes by a lot faster

56 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

Yeah bookshelves are a great QoL addition. If you regularly do flotsam, SoTD, AoTD you have to start throwing out BP's because you amass so many. Somthing that stacked them would be great.

I'm worried though about their compensating changes for the stone-sap debacle. It could be a case of the "correction" being just as bad as the "mistake".

Sap nodes everywhere will just take away some of the pleasure of trading, living in difficult biomes or traveling to harvest. Leave this in the game for those who like it. 

With you on the bookshelves.

i don’t like trading. I am sure pretty soon they will have all resources on every island. Once again, might take a few months, but trading companies won’t keep the game going.

building is the future.

27 minutes ago, Realist said:

The loot sounds like crap. But I do like the 5 possible npc’s though. When I was doing Conan I had so many damn thrills I just threw them in my front yards.

ill probably turn into a gold grinder after my bases are done. Would love to have as many npc’s as possible. Especially if I can mate with them.

what I am expecting is that you can have more than one offspring. If so I will have multiple little clones and never worry about the age debuff. I’ll just wait till I hit 90 and have someone log into my account while I am asleep so my age goes by a lot faster

Not 5 NPCs, 3 NPCs up to level 5.....

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So it isn’t really beneficial to bother with them then really?

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

So it isn’t really beneficial to bother with them then really?

Outside of leveling your ship there is no reason.

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Outside of leveling your ship there is no reason.

Well then yeah, if I am not leveling there is no point to it whatsoever. Ships mean nothing. 

I mean once I already have at least 5 maxed out bases am at level 100 and have storage boxes filled with mats then yeah, then I will worry about leveling my ship.

jesus Christ are people really trying to level up ships this early in the game?

Well then yeah, if I am not leveling there is no point to it whatsoever. Ships mean nothing. 

I mean once I already have at least 5 maxed out bases am at level 100 and have storage boxes filled with mats then yeah, then I will worry about leveling my ship.

jesus Christ are people really trying to level up ships this early in the game?

You need to level the ships for PVP and for some other jobs.  

23 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Try killing higher level ones then. Level 29 ship gives level 30-45 npcs.

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You need to level the ships for PVP and for some other jobs.  

Yeah but until you get to level 100 and have your already reinforced base there isn’t really a point to pvp.

not talking crap, but there is other more important things first

2 minutes ago, Zolce said:

Try killing higher level ones then. Level 29 ship gives level 30-45 npcs.

I do.. but the lower level ones are pointless and the discussion is about the ammo cost vs the rewards.

It doesnt even break even.

Just now, Realist said:

Yeah but until you get to level 100 and have your already reinforced base there isn’t really a point to pvp.

not talking crap, but there is other more important things first

There is always a point to PVP... 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah dude, he said it in the announcement. Automatic trade routes. All I know is is will be good for pve players and the pvp players that like raiding trade companies. Won’t be good for pvp trade companies themselves lol

Eeeh i was waiting for v17 so that i could actually trade stuff since i travel a lot anyway. What's the point if there will be an automated delivery system? But guess will have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I do.. but the lower level ones are pointless and the discussion is about the ammo cost vs the rewards.

The purpose to me is to get higher blueprints for ships. I don’t bother with low level Sotd, as I will only get grey/green recipes.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sure there is always a point to pvp. I just don’t see any glory in the beginning stages of it. 

If I want immediate pvp, I can play for tie or CoD. When there is a leveling system involved, the only thing I think of is leveling. Like I am dying of thirst and the only way I get that drink or water is when I hit 100. 

After that it is pvp all day everyday. 

Kind of a jerk move but once I am done with the grind I get to pvp everyone that was the grasshopper when I was the squirrel.

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Eeeh i was waiting for v17 so that i could actually trade stuff since i travel a lot anyway. What's the point if there will be an automated delivery system? But guess will have to wait and see.

Exactly. You won’t have to travel anymore. That is a good thing. Just load your wares into the auction house and get your money. Gotta get paid man. If sailing is what you like to do then you are still benefiting from this.

just think, from the time it takes to go get the mats, then go to the company, then come back to your base for supplies and then go out again.....

you just stay out a little longer, gather even more mats, take it to the auction house and bam you just made a lot of money in a lot less time.

i mean sure if you really want to be a “trade company” you can, but if you are a trade company then also aren’t you about making money if you are a business?

there is a reason the Industrial Age and the mailing system came about.

even if you want to take a real world view on it, the auction house would be way better even still.

make that money man. 

One thing I don't like is the PvE claim changes. The change itself is ok but there is no alternative. On one side they talk about helping the solo and small companies. In reality solo/small companies are now forced to play every 3 days if they have a claim or every 4 if they are lawless. I thought the force killing of people after 2-3 weeks would be enough to solve that.

Freeport trade system and automatic trade routes is another complete letdown.

Edited by Shintai

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Exactly. You won’t have to travel anymore. That is a good thing.

Dude, i'm not sure why did you buy a sailing mmo really...

I really hope that automated trade routes thing will be very limited, just enough to fetch goods from nearest freeport. In this case it would actually be beneficial for player-driven trade, as more people will bother buying stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

there is a reason the Industrial Age and the mailing system came about

Good thing Atlas is based is based on industrial age and not age of sail, right?

Just now, LaiTash said:

I really hope that automated trade routes thing will be very limited, just enough to fetch goods from nearest freeport. In this case it would actually be beneficial for player-driven trade, as more people will bother buying stuff. 

It would be the opposite at the very least. You would need to take the stuff to the free port and then people would go to the free port to buy it. That we know for sure from the latch notes.

pmayer shops are already planned as as we all k ow wildcard never takes anything out. Ever.

now all we have to worry about it if the other side(business owner) has to be present first.

if that happens it will be even worse for trade because if they want something and you say ok I am on a quest I’ll be there in 30 mi utes and they say nah, never mind I am not waiting that long. That doesn’t help anyone.

on the other hand, once you upload something to the shop and someone comes along and buys it, that helps everyone.

i mean really, which one do you think will happen 

5 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I am not being mean at all man. Player driven trade only benefits people that want to be trade companies. All of the other companies want to get their mats a lot faster. 

Even though the game is set “back in the day” nobody is really going to want to play it like it was back in the day.

we still all live in the real world. And especially today’s real world, we want everything right now. This game couldn’t survive with long distance trade. 

It just won’t happen. I know everyone wants the fantasy, but you are in the wrong generation. I played pong on Atari and super Mario on Nintendo. I know what the grind is like.

if you think people won’t jump at the chance to just go to a shop and buy your stuff without talking to you then I don’t. Know what to tell you.

Player driven trade only benefits people that want to be trade companies. All of the other companies want to get their mats a lot faster. 

I wouldn't say that. Right now Atlas makes Eve look like a carebear heaven and the fact that so many of us are still playing means we don't want everything handled to us on a silver platter, even when we complain about things that are a little over the top in terms of hardcoreness.

Also expensive galleons in game only benefits large companies and everyone else just want to spawn them with a console command. Doesn't mean they need to be cheaper or whatever. 

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

if you think people won’t jump at the chance to just go to a shop and buy your stuff without talking to you then I don’t. Know what to tell you.

Of course they will and i'm actually waiting for player-owned shops. We don't have much trade going on on PvP servers right now. I'm just not really sure about automatic trade routes. Well of course we don't know what it means yet even, but it surely sounds stupid >_>

12 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I wouldn't say that. Right now Atlas makes Eve look like a carebear heaven and the fact that so many of us are still playing means we don't want everything handled to us on a silver platter, even when we complain about things that are a little over the top in terms of hardcoreness.

Also expensive galleons in game only benefits large companies and everyone else just want to spawn them with a console command. Doesn't mean they need to be cheaper or whatever. 

Of course they will and i'm actually waiting for player-owned shops. We don't have much trade going on on PvP servers right now. I'm just not really sure about automatic trade routes. Well of course we don't know what it means yet even, but it surely sounds stupid >_>

Totally with you on al ost everything. Auto trade routes. Yeah definitely stupid, totally with you there. They are just enhancing pvp raiding with that either way.

yeah and I agree player shops will be awesome. There just isn’t a place for old school trade companies on this game. I know people want them but this just isn’t the game for them.

but as far as galleons/ships go? The cheaper the better, especially on the pvp side. Just you wait, things will get cheaper. The minute jay said the want the pvp to start immediately, that is what they meant.

because if they didn’t mean that, then they meant on land pvp starting immediately, which would piss people off way more.

everything will get cheaper, I do know that. I think everything will take a little while longer to bring more resources to each island but that will happen as well.

I think they are starting to realize a lot of the players still remaining are the ark fans. Don’t be surprised when it turns into an arkish atlas.

18 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Unfortunately carebear pvp means more actual pvp instead of pve. Things will lean towards that. They really will.

the environment will be come easier so more people can pvp on a pvp server. It’s not pvpve after all. It’s pvp. I think they thought about that. There is a such thing as pvpve 

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

I think they are starting to realize a lot of the players still remaining are the ark fans. Don’t be surprised when it turns into an arkish atlas.

Actually, no. Most people i've met in game and people i've played with never played ark, and many of those who did want Atlas to be less arkish. There's probably more eve players than ark players really.

As for ships they are dirt cheap already, if you aren't aiming for a billion cannons build. Again, almost no one wants them to be cheaper, we just want them sturdier to not loose them as easily while we're not even sailing them.

Edited by LaiTash