Sign in to follow this  
Teach

3 things you like about Atlas

With all the doom & gloom going around, I thought we could get a thread where we could share things we actually like about the alpha.

1.  UI - Even in it's rudimentary form, I like the color scheme they're adopting for Atlas. I look forward to seeing the polish this gets later down the road
  2.  Structure grouping - I like that they've condensed the building components into groups (eg. doorways fall under walls and u just cycle through them)
  3.  Regional fauna - It's definitely nice to see different things to forage based on where you are. The monotony of farming in ARK is kind of broken up by the new kinds of materials. I hope this leads to clothing of the same type having different skins based on the regional materials used to craft them (Eg. Making hemp cloth clothing would look different from fiber or rush clothing)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hackjob said:

The ocean looks damn good when it's not rubber banding

I agree! The funny thing is, water is one of the hardest things to make look good in a game too.

Edited by Teach

Agreed, had the chance to spend some quality time swimming during the - everyone spawn in the ocean / crash-rollback swim some more phase and was very impressed with how cool the ocean / waves/ currents are in here. It will probably be overlooked by people just trying to get where they are going but damn fine job guys.

• Like 1

Being able to respec skills per each level increase which has come in very handy so far.

Not having a raptor kill me on spawn... aggro range on creatures is fairly relaxed I rarely get attacked unless I accidently run into spiders/scorpions.

Simple inventory/menu's, bit of a learning curve learning the new skill setup but I like how bonuses to harvesting etc. are included along the way.

• Like 1