Sign in to follow this  
LifelessGamer

Can't craft cetain items

I can't make wood walls/ceilings currently.  They are greyed out.  Others are white and I can craft them (storage box for example.)  Game mechanic?  Bug?  How do I fix it?

I read you can do a respec to fix it.  Sounds extreme though.

**I have the materials on me/ it is blue to craft but it shows  craftable/grey text/structure

*I tried respecing, nope.  I tried Leveling up, nope.    I did notice in the smithy some are greyed out I can still make.  Must be a bug.

Edited by LifelessGamer

As of this morning I can not craft wood ceilings. I can craft all the other wood tier items but not the ceilings. i have the mats, and skills. Its not grayed out but i can not craft.

have you had any luck with your issue?

I had an issue like this at some point. I couldn´t craft the cloth torso. Dying or zoning seem to solve it.

I died, I tried zoning, I tried respecing, and I tried leveling.  Nothing worked.

What I figured out was it was just a few items.  Smithy seemed to work fine.  Just on me personaly a few items I couldn't craft (wood walls, ceilings, slanted roofs, doors, ect.) Suddenly I could craft a single one and then it was back to being broke.

I went to bed.  Works fine now.  IDK why.  I don't have a fix except for calling it a night and hope it works the next day.

That's weird.  Every person I know that has had that issue fixed it killing themselves.   Might be more than one trigger for this bug.  

Just now, DocHolliday said:

That's weird.  Every person I know that has had that issue fixed it killing themselves.   Might be more than one trigger for this bug.  

Supposibly there is a respec bug after gathering like wood, idk.  I went and gathered all the different things seeing if that would reset my lockout.  Nothing changed except when I could craft one of a locked out item randomly.

I currently cant craft a wood roof. I've relogged miltiple times, exited Steam, restarted PC, emptied inventory, reharvested mats, & nada. When I have the mats its not grayed out & says i can make 2, 3, etc. depending on the mats i have. I can make other recipes, just not that one. Guess I'll try dying & then zoning if that doesnt work. I havent respecd or leveled recently either.

My wood wall crafting is bugged... tried relog and restart. Didn't help.

Then I killed myself, and all my stuff was lost in the terrain, below the ground. But I can make wood walls again. So: FIXT

And roofs. Though I could before the suicide too. 

Tip: take your stuff off before jumping off a cliff XD

• Like 1