Sign in to follow this  
Titan Lord Lord Of Titans

How to Save this game in 1 easy step

Rollback to the beginning of December and rethink announcing this ill conceived POS game?

• Like 1

As I said in another thread...

never thought I would say this.. 

but for once, I agree with the Devs! 

This is an MMO! Everything you need shouldn’t be on your doorstep!! 

Sure, tundra is harder resource wise, but it’s also easier to claim, and quieter. 

I come from a 4 man company, and we made our home in the polar region! As such we are missing most things, even tundra to us is a rich feeding ground!!

so many people screaming “no metal nodes in my sector!!” Poor you!! Get it from the same place I do.. rocks!! 

my point is, dynamic MMO’s have always been about adapting! Atlas is no different. 

Why does everyone expect to have all things available to them in day one? As some say, “I work, I dont have time to do it” this is a poor excuse and your play style needs to adapt. 

For example, crossing the oceans isn’t the impossible task people whine that it is, with a bit of practice it’s relatively easy! Also, we’ve formed trading alliances. We import things we don’t have in exchange for the things we have in abundance. For example, mythos, and stone (from metal mining) 

we adapted to the difficult and harsh environment we chose to settle, and had a great time figuring it all out!

honestly, the level of toxicity and entitlement from people who want endgame in a week is frankly embarrassing! 

You are literally denying yourselves half the game by not branching out and looking for solutions to these problems! I promise you it’s worth it!

• Like 1

Base materials should be accessible to everyone to enjoy a certain level of play.  The more advanced weapons, armor, gear should be built using harder to find materials.  This base materials should allow everyone from one man shows to large companies the ability to defend oneself.  

This game can easily be pushed where its too difficult, too much time, too much effort just to stay alive.  This game can be about large scale sea and land battles or about pure survival against griefers, small groups, the elements and nature.  Its easily swayed one way or another and it seems the devs are having a difficult time finding that balance.  

When more ships, tames and player are killed outside of PvP combat there is a problem.  I've lost 12 ships now.  I was not online a single time one went down.

The thing is this isn't really end game content its vital content for a lot of people to keep animals killing them and destroying their stuff to a minimum, even with stone it still happens as animals spawn inside the base and wood/thatch can be torn through in a few minutes by an angry animal who seem delighted to chew on base structures much less ones with tasty people/animals inside. I've literally had a wolf ignore  me as I shoot it to death from behind while focused on gnawing through my water barrel. There was no one and nothing inside my base to draw its attention and nothing to keep it in place but it ignored me KILLING it to destroy a water barrel.

In addition to which these tree's are so interrelated you need to buy your way well up one tree to unlock another it makes it rather hard to class anything as end game content. Is it stone buildings, glider suits, canons (those are 2 skill tree's worth of purchases in), tarot? There's plenty of people who'd be happier with higher STONE costs as opposed to sap because they can get stone as opposed to spending an hour or more playing dodge the SotD. As I've said in other posts I can get sap/organic paste as I play on a private server. Its a simple hop to the next grid in a server where people aren't going to be stockpilling/killing me. Even so this one change has completely derailed my plans for the weekend. I intended to go get honey, try taming my first bear and rebuild my barn to try and keep the animals inside from being killed through the walls as happened to my one wolf. Instead I spent the morning sailing off to the freeport dodging ships of the damned and harvesting sap to make organic paste then I had real life concerns. Its now 5 pm, I'm doing things this even so maybe tommorow I can try getting honey if other plans don't prevent that. This again is on a friendly server with sap only 1 grid away from my tundra home which itself is practically on the border. Yet because I need the paste today's plans in the trash. Now people on public servers are in an even worse situation lower gathering rates, longer distance to sap resources, people walling them off with unbreechable walls in PVE or just outright blowing what you use them for to pieces in PVP.

In addition to which its not solely about the issues I raise above there's also the fact for PVP people if you do go to all this time and effort to make stone its 2 shots harder than wood to destroy meaning its practically useless as a defense material because the time and effort to build in it is grossly disproportinate to the time and effort to destroy it.

Edited by Senkoau