Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Fewer people on the islands this week ?

Can someone confirm this ?

I know it is unbelievable and not a good sign for the future of the game : My sloop was fully intact, not sunk and not stolen when i logged in tomorrow morning !

Yesterday, when i built on another island i met absolutely no other players ! In general i had free choice between beeing killed by wolf riders, carbine trolls or flamearrow trolls.

On a third island, where i fight the chinese megatribe „Swarm“ i expected to be completely wiped this morning, but they did not advance further on and did not continue building their mega palaces all over the island.

Atlas dead already ?

Edited by Talono

Nope it's how early access goes.

We are at the stage after all the hype people have left and only the people who really enjoy the game and want to help test are still here.

Will probably stay about the same now maybe drop a bit more and only jump up when they release major updates.. will then drop back down..

Standard for early access really.

Well, i hope so. Battles between companies and islands are fun, exploiters, cheaters and trolls are not.

For example, i never played anything else but PVP if such mode is available in a game, but i wont sink ships or kill people with whom i have no issues.

If most players act in that way Atlas can become real fun.

Well, during holidays we had 40-50k people according to steam charts (and yeah, holidays).
This week we have 30-35k. 

This will dwindle with time cause people who mismatched themselves to this game will be leaving. The only question is on which level this will stabilize for longer period of time.

12 hours ago, Elrood said:

Well, during holidays we had 40-50k people according to steam charts (and yeah, holidays).
This week we have 30-35k. 

This will dwindle with time cause people who mismatched themselves to this game will be leaving. The only question is on which level this will stabilize for longer period of time.

To be honest I imagine this games target population will be around 15-20k players total.  

You also have to remember people are getting tired of the things going on with official servers and moving to private ones. So just because there are less on official doesnt mean they all stopped playing.

Also most players who lose characters bc of database issues stop playing.  That should have been a priority to fix.  I know too many that had this issue including myself, I'm not willing to make a new character that's gimped from the FOY buff in a pvp server.  I'd come back if there were a full wipe or if maybe if they cap the stacks of FOY, but it's not in game nor is there any news of how it'll work.