Sign in to follow this  
WilliamGrayton

Personal Flags on ships

Are players ever going to be able to fly custom personal flags and or company flags onboard their ships? I know there are claim flags when you claim territory but should there not also be a way to ID ships as belonging to a company and as well distinguish individuals from within the company?

• Like 2

I agree, this should be a unique crafted item that is part of the ship building tree basic skills so as to not add another skill, but incorporate it into an already existing one. Also, it should have an independent flag painting ID unlike the claim flags which all share one, this way you can customize on a ship by ship basis.

• Like 2

I also agree. We should be able to have our Flag at the back of our ships and elsewhere. 

• Like 1

As another note for this item, being able to raise and lower ships flags could play a role in the pvp system as well. Lowering a flag in battle to signify surrender, maybe capturing and flying an enemies colors for a timed period as an act of subterfuge.

Yeah, it does seem like a rather obvious thing to have, as "raising the colors" was how ships identified friend from foe at a distance in the age of sails. In the meantime, you could paint your sail or sails with the flag instead. 

Most just paint all their sails to show colors here but,   I was thinking the same thing, with the smaller flag (triangle) you could lower and raise, at the tops of the Sails or even one that you can plant at the back, maybe., if you want a separate mechanic than the sails themselves.

Basic paint colors on sails load immediately. Uploaded custom paint images don't load until you're within pissing distance. I would like to see custom flags that load at max view range. (Fix sail images to load too) You should make a suggestion forum post. I'll upvote it.