Sign in to follow this  
G1D3ON

What happened to the mats from salvage?

Two days ago as another player and I were looking for the AMAZING new Fountain of Youth feature -_- , we were dying to the mass amounts of lag and monsters.  After dying a few times we needed mats to build more gear to attempt to get to the pink sparkle feature that must've taken forever to come up with.  Well, we noticed the mass amounts of ships that were destroyed and we destroyed the walls and planks to get the mats for the gear we needed. NOW that feature is turned off?  Why?  Wouldn't you want to incentivize players to clear out clutter from the map?  It's not like there aren't 12398134029382104234 ships sitting at every powerstone now, so wouldn't even a little help from us to clear the clutter be worth it?

6 minutes ago, strawman said:

If you were hitting ramshackle sloops they don't give any mats from salvage

Nothing except storage chests are salvageable on Freeeport and Lawless servers right now.

Try salvaging anything from any of the active FOY areas.  You won't get mats from planks, ports, decks, walls, or ceilings no matter what type of ship the salvage is coming from now.

I had a lot of fun salvaging mats from FoY location since my ship resource box was destroyed by cyclops. Ended up with sloop full of mats, plate sets, guns and gold 🙂 Beware that most of the sunken ships are ramshakle sloops and there's no way to get mats from it but normal sloops, schooners etc. give mats as usual.