Sign in to follow this  
Adalwulf

Fountain Of Youth Needs to GO

I understand the whole idea of aging and its roll in a survival based game but this is just ridiculous. First there's no single player to Atlas and now if you hit age 100 you have a penalty to all your stats and eventually plan to kill people off and make them start over if they reach 100 from what i hear. But wait if you can get to the fountain of youth you can reverse these penalties and turn them into bonus stats awesome... but wait there's more, there is level 100+ enemies that are blocking the fountain of youth including fire and rock elementals and archers of the damned not to mention the ants and bats inside that can all one shot you. which makes it almost impossible to do unless you're running in naked and willing to die 70 times just to click the fountain on the off chance you do make it inside. So basically long story short if you are a casual player or a lone wolf good luck playing this game sorry bout your luck. better luck next time.... Honestly does wildcard/Grapehsot even care about the casual players that dont have time to sink into this game like people that dont have to worry about certain things in real life such as a family or job etc. when this was first announced I was excited as could be since this is basically the only pirate game out there with this level of complexity. but i spent 4 real days sailing on a raft because all land was taken. so i was forced to join a company which is full of great people and all but they all play when i am unable to. and then next thing you know before i can even build my own ship im being penalized because im over the age of 100. come on guys. youre losing a player base with the route youre taking. i spent 45 minutes trying to get into the cave for the fountain and most of it was spent dying like everybody else. This mechanic needs to go or be made a crap ton easier so that casual players can have a chance.

• Like 2

Just to keep this topic up. FOY broke the game even more than SOTD.

(SOTD)I still don´t understand why they invented them, then nerfed them to have them now back even more annoying?!

Edited by Charles U Farley

Rather than go, I'd like to see it evolve a bit.

I like the idea of an epic end of life quest.  I just think implementation was a bit simplistic and low-brow.

Mentioned this elsewhere but... since there are 2 FoYs, use that to have 2 approaches.  One can be like now for those with the numbers and preference for brunt hack n' slash.

However, have another that can be done using sneaking, diversion, craftable disguise/camo for stealth... could have various micro-environments requiring to survive extreme heat, extreme cold, etc. to get there so planning and preparation wins.  Essentially showcasing logistics and strategy.  A chance for brains over brawn for the small single-digit squads and solo player.

4 minutes ago, Kveldulf said:

Rather than go, I'd like to see it evolve a bit.

I like the idea of an epic end of life quest.  I just think implementation was a bit simplistic and low-brow.

Mentioned this elsewhere but... since there are 2 FoYs, use that to have 2 approaches.  One can be like now for those with the numbers and preference for brunt hack n' slash.

However, have another that can be done using sneaking, diversion, craftable disguise/camo for stealth... could have various micro-environments requiring to survive extreme heat, extreme cold, etc. to get there so planning and preparation wins.  Essentially showcasing logistics and strategy.  A chance for brains over brawn for the small single-digit squads and solo player.

Yes it needs to evolve. People think the current aging system will stay forever, this one is just a test. Instead of people saying it should be removed - why not think about solutions that will make it into something good. 

24 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes it needs to evolve. People think the current aging system will stay forever, this one is just a test. Instead of people saying it should be removed - why not think about solutions that will make it into something good. 

Personaly don't want aging not bcs it sucks now, don't want aging bcs don't want it at all, no matter how evolved it gonna be later. There are ppl that just hate this mechanic just for it existing, without extra reasons such as current bs.

18 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Personaly don't want aging not bcs it sucks now, don't want aging bcs don't want it at all, no matter how evolved it gonna be later. There are ppl that just hate this mechanic just for it existing, without extra reasons such as current bs.

Yes but everyone knew it was going to happen at some point. We’ll just have to see through it.

I don't have an issue with the aging mechanic other than the fact that 1 month is 100 years old?!? Seriously, I'm only lvl 44, there's so much to do during that month and then you just die. I think a character should last like 3-4 months, or 6 months and every time you die in pvp or to monsters, etc., then you get a notch of life expectancy taken from you. Which also requires a major overhaul of balancing (like lions!) and then quest out to do the FoY. The FoY itself is a nasty piece of business when you're debuffed that hard, so perhaps more like a treasure map that you have to find first, then you follow that to get to the FoY. 

And hey, let's not forget that right now, I did FoY yesterday, went to do a treasure map quest, and bam, I was rolled back and lost my buff. It just blows and done so horribly and now today no one can move servers or fast travel, so I can't do FoY today again. People have reported doing it multiple times to have their buffs rolled back and age rolled back. For no apparent reason.