smokedog77

Tames, AI & players being killed in base by wild Animals

Can you tell me why the hell i bother to spend a few hours taming animals & placing them in a building and it still gets killed along with any sleepers and AI in said building by wild animals when we are offline?  This is a game breaking issue. Is anyone else having this issue I've tried leaving them on boats and some how a wild lion can climb up onto the side of a brig or Schooner and eat them. With the taming mechanics the way they are it takes way to long to bother taming if it is only going to be eaten that night. How can this be so broken in this game yet not an issue in Ark?

I've tried building a pen on a roof as well and still they get killed by Cobra or Lions.

If you have had this issue or are annoyed by it like myself please take the time to reply or up-vote this thread in the hope the devs pay attention to it.

Edited by smokedog77
add tags

we've had them killed in our land house so now we build over the water. Sometimes we find the animals IN the water under the barn when we log on. 

Super frustrating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virkatjol said:

we've had them killed in our land house so now we build over the water. Sometimes we find the animals IN the water under the barn when we log on. 

Super frustrating.

Likely a relic of the bad ARK code where animals and people can spawn in before the building structures.  In ARK, I was flying in on a flyer to my port area, and watched a Megalodon swim into my water pen, and the wall spawn in behind it, and it commenced to attacking one of my high health tames.  So I jumped in the water, got on a Meg, and killed it.  Now imagine if that had been another non-tribe member that caused that stuff to spawn in.  They wouldn't have been as able, or inclined, to kill that Meg, and I would have lost everything in that pen, as they were all on Passive.

• Like 2