Sign in to follow this  
Implicitlee

Atlas Has So Much Potential BUT

There has been one game in the past that I could use a few words to describe like "Amazing, Enjoyable, Long Lasting, Fun, Well Made" and that Is Star Wars Galaxies Pre Cu. This game ATLAS, can be that too, I can see so much potential in this game, Its an ARK MOD rehashed most of the hard work was already done, so the money you have made from Early Access sales is pure profit, here are my thoughts.

Invest in New Servers, Take the Large Companies and put them on one server, hell keep the land claim system as it is they have people on 24 hours. Take mid sized companies put them on another server half the amount of land claim flags, then have another set of servers for solo maybe paired players with 1-2 land claim flags each. 

I play on EU PVE Sirens Call as a solo player, I have met a nice bunch of guys in a company called Bitcoin they help me, I help them we made an Alliance, other players regularly sail past Kraken's Bay looking for trades, E11 is fun except the lag, over powered Alpha's , Ships of the Damned cheating etc etc then you leave Lawless and come to and island that has a all built around it so cant access that rare resource you need, you try asking in Global if you can get access when you get greeted with a wall of text made up of [] [] [] [] [] [] [] or your ship got sunk in the harbour because you left your ladder down.

Grapeshot you have been so pre occupied with "if we could" you never stopped to think "if we should" You have probably made a small fortune off the back of the modder who made most of this game happen, invest in your future now, create more servers and cater to your customers needs.

This game has a lot in common with launch SWG... incredible potential, and brain-dead developers who can't fix anything and rapidly ruin a good thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Take the Large Companies and put them on one server, hell keep the land claim system as it is they have people on 24 hours. Take mid sized companies put them on another server half the amount of land claim flags, then have another set of servers for solo maybe paired players with 1-2 land claim flags each. 

This is honestly not meant to troll or regurgitate what is said so often, but try a private server.  Some have rules in place to limit some of this.  And before anyone starts screaming "I should be able to play however I want on the official servers" the answer is simple: no you shouldn't.  You should be playing how the devs intend it to be played.  And if that doesn't fit your playstyle, try a private or unofficial server.

Having been playing almost exclusively on a private server, I've been thoroughly enjoying the game.  In fact, a bunch of us were chatting yesterday about how our experience seems the polar opposite of what many on the forums are saying.  (Granted, forums are often biased and drowned out by trolls, but "where there's smoke, there's fire" seems true).  Take a step back from the official servers, give an unofficial server a try, and you'll probably find the game gets MUCH better! 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Domino said:

This is honestly not meant to troll or regurgitate what is said so often, but try a private server.  Some have rules in place to limit some of this.  And before anyone starts screaming "I should be able to play however I want on the official servers" the answer is simple: no you shouldn't.  You should be playing how the devs intend it to be played.  And if that doesn't fit your playstyle, try a private or unofficial server.

Having been playing almost exclusively on a private server, I've been thoroughly enjoying the game.  In fact, a bunch of us were chatting yesterday about how our experience seems the polar opposite of what many on the forums are saying.  (Granted, forums are often biased and drowned out by trolls, but "where there's smoke, there's fire" seems true).  Take a step back from the official servers, give an unofficial server a try, and you'll probably find the game gets MUCH better! 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Domino said:

I play on the full 225 grid map in SP, it's fun but I like the aspect of trading and getting like minded souls to meet up and do harder content, not the countless griefing, lag and land claim system. They just needs to spent a few thousand £ and open more servers, as I said it was after all money for nothing no idea why it quoted you twice, and btw if I could find a full 225 grid unofficial I might they all seem to be a lot smaller

Edited by Implicitlee

12 minutes ago, strawman said:

This game has a lot in common with launch SWG... incredible potential, and brain-dead developers who can't fix anything and rapidly ruin a good thing.

You took the words right out of my mouth.