DAZE

STOP UR TEARS

1 minute ago, Hambo said:

So, how many items do you buy from the "As seen on TV" racks in the local drug/variety store that have no chance of delivering what they promise?  I never do.

I have never been "paid" for alpha testing.  Microsoft used to give us release copies of the software after the testing was over (hence I never bought Windows after Vista, and I may have been given my copy of XP as I was in charge of company rollouts to 1000+ workstations and servers at the time).., They once gave me a netbook with Windows7 Pro installed because my name was drawn from a list of reported bugs.  Beta testing only gives what I would call "Early Early Access"... You still have to buy the game at release.

I never buy that stuff because it’s obvious crap. That is unrelated to the point that I’m getting at here, which is that I am of the opinion that I am not unreasonable to have higher expectations of an EA game I paid $25 for than a beta or alpha I didn’t have to pay to participate in. When others dismiss complaints about an EA by saying “it’s alpha testing, you knew what you were getting into, stop complaining.”, my counterpoint is that this is fact NOT just an alpha or beta, it is EA, and the difference is not purely semantic. The money makes the difference qualitative.

That's Alright, I have seen some negative reviews that say things like "They released an unfinished game" "this game is not even a finished game, I want my money back!"

So,  no.. I don't think some people even know that games can be sold as an "unfished game" let alone, know what EA is .. sigh.

Maybe people expect games to be in Beta stage not Alpha, upon release. That is what some seem to think it "should be" when it is not.

Edit to say: You do not have to re buy the game when it is a finished product.

Edited by Liatni

2 minutes ago, Liatni said:

That's Alright, I have seen some negative reviews that say things like "They released an unfinished game" "this game is not even a finished game, I want my money back!"

So,  no.. I don't think some people even know that games can be sold as an "unfished game" let alone, know what EA is .. sigh.

Maybe people expect games to be in Beta stage not Alpha, upon release. That is what some seem to think it "should be" when it is not.

That's the impression I get from the type of complaints I read here.  While I haven't seen any purely asinine complaints yet ("Why is this object green instead of red?") There are a lot of things that would've been answered had the complainer just read the game's Steam page before clicking "Buy".

4 hours ago, Khalista Flintlock said:

Accurate bug reporting is not "HELP! This clan from (insert country here)  is sinking my ship with a glitch!" 
Creative suggestion is not "devs are stupid for adding X because of Y"
Patience is not "i have played X amount of hours and have wait all of X hours for a fix to Y and nothing is changed"

These are things that toxic and unproductive community members do. There are several posters that make point by point problems and suggest new mechanic's or ways they might be fixed or changed for the better. Those are the people that want the game to be amazing, those are the people that should stay around.

I agree.  I offer suggestion, after detailing what I think are the problems.  Sometimes, I am quite harsh in my criticism, but that's because I want the game to be amazing, and it is not, when we have Corporate Super Yachts of the Damned, and other such silly things.  I played a pirate game on a Sega Genesis, a very long time ago.  You had to sail your ship using the wind.  The AI ships did the same thing.  I do not believe that programing AI to sail their ships in a manner that makes sense...using the wind, is an unreasonable request.  They just have to decide that paying somebody who actually knows how to program AI, is worth the cost.  ARK, and now Atlas, have very simplistic AI.  Not worthy of a AAA game.