Sign in to follow this  
Trollracs

boat "garage" question

So because boredom, I want to make a garage type structure for a brig. Now the behemoth gate doesn't reach as tall as the top of the masts. I'm just curious if I put a roof on the top (fully enclosed) will the masts clip and take damage as if I hit a structure? Will it just clip through the ceilings as if they aren't there? I just don't want to risk the ship as was curious if there are people who have run into this conundrum or maybe have private server access to test it real quick? 

From what ive seen in streams the masts are not phyaical atm  but the "birds nests " on the masts are. But i might be wrong about the nests considering i only heard it on the background while playing but i did see them park a schooner inside closed area with masts sticking out. Well it didnt go so well for them the 1st time cause they didnt have the ship anchored opening the large gate made the ship into a blender.

Masts clip through currently. But if that will last in the future nobody knows. I do think you need the ceiling to be higher than the masts however.

The only true way if you want future security is to use a Schooner as the max size with 4 small masts. Technically a Brigantine with 5 (or more?) small masts would fit too, but...

Edited by Shintai