Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixRising

Flag spam = Pillar spam, same problems new look

So this is a thing... Left Freeport, first island I came across, the entire coast line peppered with claim flags. Exactly like official ARK servers being littered with pillars, now we have claim flags.

Took a look at the dynamic maps here, multiple island groupings are being blanketed. Now I get the concept of 'large team, large area', but some of these groupings are massive.

It's reminiscent of what caused me to never play an official ARK server again. I get this game is all about the naval, but you still need a home port, and if people are gonna get clustered together cause people are spamming flags to claim entire island chains while using 2% of the area... I see that as problematic. Especially in PvE where that's really nothing you can do about it.

Hoping this gets addressed in the ATLAS infancy because a game of this scale I REALLY don't want to see pushed into privatization like ARK.

• Like 2

This needs a fix asap. People are calling whole island and building just one building.

• Like 1

This isnt suppose to be like pillars.you just pay a tax to owner no one is blocking you from building.but if it blocks then its broken.

Problem Is people who made the effort found the island first laid claim get their claim stolen,basiclly making the claim a worthless,temp reward,that gives you nothing really.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, darcek said:

This isnt suppose to be like pillars.you just pay a tax to owner no one is blocking you from building.but if it blocks then its broken.

Problem Is people who made the effort found the island first laid claim get their claim stolen,basiclly making the claim a worthless,temp reward,that gives you nothing really.

Yeah, you can contest claims by slapping your own flag down.  Afaik if nobody's there it only takes 10 minutes.

Unrelated: @darcek, your profile pic gives me nostalgia

The problem there is, they will just claim it right back. I do not think that your offline body will prevent them from taking it. So you back full circle to the start of the problem, and that is unlimited flag claims.