Quilleute

Renting land can become a new form of greefing

Imagine this .... a company leaves a flag neutral ( yellow) so anyone can build their base and shipyard and finally play the game ( although subjected to taxes ofc).

One day , the tenant wakes up and finds out that after we built a pretty good base and ship, the company changed the flag status to red, and all is things are in jeopardy, cause they become subjected to fast decay  and can’t even spawn in his own bed anymore...

Add a rough rl work week , and all you gather and built is lost .... 

This is just not fair .... already happened ... to me ...

12 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Imagine this .... a company leaves a flag neutral ( yellow) so anyone can build their base and shipyard and finally play the game ( although subjected to taxes ofc).

One day , the tenant wakes up and finds out that after we built a pretty good base and ship, the company changed the flag status to red, and all is things are in jeopardy, cause they become subjected to fast decay  and can’t even spawn in his own bed anymore...

Add a rough rl work week , and all you gather and built is lost .... 

This is just not fair .... already happened ... to me ...

Huh? I actually did change one of my flags from allow anyone to restrict to company after some nice guys build a taming trap and left it there forever. Structures decay in 3 days, true, but containers decay in 10 (which actually for me is super unfortunate - but I agree in general with mechanism).
Maybe devs "messed" up and you can destroy foundations for containers which destroy containers even if containers themselves are protected? Cause even with whole week you should still have few days to deal with the issue. 

Edited by Elrood

Exactly, if you break foundation, all storages will break and you can get the tenants loots ... another game breaker ....

Build base go explore.  Log back at home base so it don't run out and decay. Get all kinds of loot and a week later you head back to put it in your cabinets but  your base is gone because u didn't farm enough because you were out on the seas. I'm sorry you need to farm more so I can tax the shit out of you and because you went out to enjoy yourself like a pirate on open seas I have gave it to another puppet that chops trees all day. Have a nice day.

• Sad 1

You should probably try talk to the land owners before you commit to building a tonne of stuff on the land, figure out if they're good people, see if they have any objections to where or what you plan to build. I'm pretty cynical most the time but I don't think the majority of talkative, friendly types are going to stab you in the back and nick your stuff.

That being said, if you just randomly build in a yellow flag area without contacting the owners; remember that all flags were AUTOMATICALLY set to yellow/buildable when the system was introduced. Some of those flags may belong to people who are on hiatus, and when they come back, you might find them flipped red.

tl;dr - Speak to the land owners before commiting to building a base or shacking up your stuff, figure out if they are good peoples before you build, and you'll probably be fine. 

Edited by RyuujinZERO

2 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

You should probably try talk to the land owners before you commit to building a tonne of stuff on the land, figure out if they're good people, see if they have any objections to where or what you plan to build. I'm pretty cynical most the time but I don't think the majority of talkative, friendly types are going to stab you in the back and nick your stuff.

That being said, if you just randomly build in a yellow flag area without contacting the owners; remember that all flags were AUTOMATICALLY set to yellow/buildable when the system was introduced. Some of those flags may belong to people who are on hiatus, and when they come back, you might find them flipped red.

tl;dr - Speak to the land owners before commiting to building a base or shacking up your stuff, figure out if they are good peoples before you build, and you'll probably be fine. 

All that is correct, but in my case was a business establishment, taxes , number and size of buildings talked about and still got robbed ... what can I say...besides :

TENANTS CAREFULL 

And to every coin theres two sides.

Imagine a beautiful lush forest,full of resources and metal.

SO the owners were nice to leave a yellow flag for building,so one company build a hut for contesting the flag,failing of course but also destroying half the forest,and another idiot,left on the other side wooden fence foundation with a thatch wall,which destroyed all the resources and the other side of the forest.its just desolated piece of land now,useless to anyone,as its landlocked as well..

Edited by darcek

4 hours ago, darcek said:

And to every coin theres two sides.

Imagine a beautiful lush forest,full of resources and metal.

SO the owners were nice to leave a yellow flag for building,so one company build a hut for contesting the flag,failing of course but also destroying half the forest,and another idiot,left on the other side wooden fence foundation with a thatch wall,which destroyed all the resources and the other side of the forest.its just desolated piece of land now,useless to anyone,as its landlocked as well..

You forgot the part where I said agreement of number and size of builds ... so if the company that rent the flag didn’t considered the amount of resources lost , they are idiots.

When you rent a flag , you must be prepared to loose resources or like in my case , they asked me to build on sand , where no resources would be damaged. 

I still keep my idea that the rent idea is broken