Sign in to follow this  
Vazrik

New Servers?

I feel like the servers are way too crowded, I cant play the game PvP and cant find land worth a damn PvE.

When and are there going to be new official servers?

I would like to be able to sail away for hours and go somewhere that no one can find me or rarely does on PvP, I work in a small group of no more than 7 and they wont even play PvP right now because all the big companies have taken over and makes it impossible to do anything.

What i would like to see is more servers and larger maps, possibly even company size limitations on some maps(even though that wouldn't really work with alliances and whatnot.)

Isolation with the ability to expand and have at least all resource types fro basic building would be nice. Let all the big companies fight each other in a centralized location. I will sail far away and at the cost of time to sail and wind issues.... have my isolation and have something to call home and my own without losing everything i own daily, why cant it be a calculated risk to sail away for different and better resources instead of constant annihilation. Risk losing things at the cost of exploring someone else's island and exploration and treasure hunting. Instead, without a large company its just lose things period, no way around it.. no skill no tactics no isolation nothing i can do, just countless hours to lose it overnight or even that day.. MAINLY because the population density is far far far far far far to much words cant explain how annoyed I am with a game that has so much potential but cant play it.

I have the most fun and the least frustration on an Unofficial PvPvE server, in comparison to the bug- and exploit-ridden Official servers.  It's a 4x3 grid, lots of islands and biomes, loads of space to Claim and build on and certain sectors are designated PvP for when the pirating urge takes over.  One nice touch is that while the Freeports are still limited to lvl 8, you can build on them just as you can on a Lawless.  You can also do corpse runs.  With the limit being lvl 8 there it still encourages players to head out and explore.  It really is ideal compared to the Official servers at this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vazrik said:

I feel like the servers are way too crowded, I cant play the game PvP and cant find land worth a damn PvE.

When and are there going to be new official servers?

I would like to be able to sail away for hours and go somewhere that no one can find me or rarely does on PvP, I work in a small group of no more than 7 and they wont even play PvP right now because all the big companies have taken over and makes it impossible to do anything.

What i would like to see is more servers and larger maps, possibly even company size limitations on some maps(even though that wouldn't really work with alliances and whatnot.)

Isolation with the ability to expand and have at least all resource types fro basic building would be nice. Let all the big companies fight each other in a centralized location. I will sail far away and at the cost of time to sail and wind issues.... have my isolation and have something to call home and my own without losing everything i own daily, why cant it be a calculated risk to sail away for different and better resources instead of constant annihilation. Risk losing things at the cost of exploring someone else's island and exploration and treasure hunting. Instead, without a large company its just lose things period, no way around it.. no skill no tactics no isolation nothing i can do, just countless hours to lose it overnight or even that day.. MAINLY because the population density is far far far far far far to much words cant explain how annoyed I am with a game that has so much potential but cant play it.

You might want to dig in on some research on this. 

Each entry point(not server) has a total of no less than 225 servers clustered together.  It's not quite as simple as just tossing up a new server and calling it a day.  Not saying this isn't a nice idea but it's not cheap to maintain and they are already having some issues managing the clusters they have.

Making the map as it stands bigger would again require more servers since each block is it's own server(vm or not still a server, still costs money to spin up and has performance limitations).  

I personally love the idea of additional servers, 1 for each game mode would likely thin out the population more than enough.  But I just don't see it happening any time soon.

considering they wanted 40k people on a cluster, I don't think there are enough people to justify an additional server cluster.  The current servers appear to be cluttered because of the current claim system, but as I travel around I don't really see more than 40-50/150 people on a grid and my grid in the tundra never has more than 30 and frequently less than 20.