Oneill_420

Found Steampunk files......concerns me tbh.

So, I was looking through the game files and I found this:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Content\steampunk_pack

In there were assets for steampunky stuff, which I liked, BUT........

Please tell me devs, you're not thinking about putting in airships, are you? That would quite literally destroy the game unless done with the mentality that they couldn't be armed and only used for transports. Even then a heavy crew with oil jars would wreck anything they came across and barely be able to be touched with conventional arms in game atm. 

As a counter, or just a general suggestion, do steampunk submarines instead and give us underwater stuff to play with. It's a sea based game. Use it to the utmost you can. Let us build underwater bases, fight sea monsters, PvP seek and destroy, etc. Make it so they have to come up for air and refill tanks periodically so they won't be underwater forever. Make primitive torpedos that can be fired in pairs only. Give it a parascope. Give us a steampunk radar to find them and to navigate underwater. 

This would be far better than airships that PvPers would potentially overarm and rain fire down on anything that moves with little to no real chance to counter attack. 

Js, my opinion and I'd hope others would feel likewise. Community, comment on what you'd rather have and why.

Copy pasted from my topic on steam found here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742231705654492404/

the steampunk airships were advertised from day one.

read the lore of the game, this isn't a pirate simulator, there is a bit of back story already available but the gist is that this stuff already existed in the golden age and that eventually you will be able to rediscover some of it.

I hope they won't be so promenant as to have full air ships with huge crew. at least not on the vanilla atlas, i would prefer it to maybe have some small bits (maybe som early steam powered stationary mashines) and some early experimental mashines and have a own server griod for the more steampunky advanced content.

Edited by darkmeadow

I really don't want airplanes to get into the game, unless they have a ridiculous oil consumption or something to make it expensive or annoying to use. Otherwise everyone will ditch the ships to avoid danger and monsters and just fly everywhere. I rather see more sea content such as harvesting seaweed and other sea plants, more variety fish, underwater diving caves with loot, sunken cities,  seashell items (possibly craft able/wearable jewelry), big friendly sea creatures you can swim with because every big thing in the sea I saw so far tries eating me etc. 

• Like 1

Not sure if y'all caught the livestream info, but I actually kinda like the direction they're taking the steampunk-y stuff with what they've told us so far. For a recap from what i recall: The first thing we're seeing is a small, 4 player exploration submarine to explore planned underwater biomes and content, and to assist with deep-sea salvage. I'd also be ok with seeing some sort of aerial variant of this, keeping the bulk of the content about sailing the seas, but the option to head off and do some crazy vernian inspired adventures.