Sign in to follow this  
Charles U Farley

Atlas, a ship repair simulator. Cyclones over shipyard?!?!

Most of the time playing Atlas i spent repairing my anchored ships right in front of my base, because they are hit by a cyclone again. The last cyclone over my base damaged the planks on my brigantine from 6000hp down to 2700hp. Please devs put the cyclone spawns a little bit more offshore and not where players have parked their ships. If not, Atlas  will be a ship repair simulatior.If it´s possible to build a shipyard, there should be no cyclones right over them. Cause of the land claim mess it is hard enough to find a small space to build something.

Slap crew and a resource chest on there. They will repair so long as you have the resources aboard and in chest. Just make sure they are "unseated" you re welcome. 

Dont forget to build a mess table and keep a bit of gold in the chest as well.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

I think they secretly raised cyclone damage. Previously we sailed right through the middle of them and took zero to a hundred damage on planks. (Players often died, but ship took hardly any damage.) Last storm I sailed through I hit one cyclone and took about 700 damage on all planks. The other ship next to me hit three or four cyclones and sank. 

It would be nice if cyclones were reduced in number and frequency. They spawn on ships every time it rains. Not just two or three, but a dozen or more surrounding every ship, every time it rains. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

I think they secretly raised cyclone damage. Previously we sailed right through the middle of them and took zero to a hundred damage on planks. (Players often died, but ship took hardly any damage.) Last storm I sailed through I hit one cyclone and took about 700 damage on all planks. The other ship next to me hit three or four cyclones and sank. 

It would be nice if cyclones were reduced in number and frequency. They spawn on ships every time it rains. Not just two or three, but a dozen or more surrounding every ship, every time it rains. 

Would be cool if we could get an actual storm with massive swells and wind. Maybe even a drizzle i mean these cyclones were cool at first now its like ffs this again?....

29 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

I think you're right, I've sailed through multiple storms and my character got damaged but the ship was unscathed. If ships can get damaged now this is not a change I support. There is a literal crap ton of balance issues, exploits, and bugs that need to be addressed long before they start coming up with new ways to damage/destroy your ship. 

I swear some of their decisions are like they are trying to piss off their player base on purpose. That's not a good business model if you're keeping score at home, kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSzerdi said:

Not to mention, as stated, EVERY ship. Got 2 ships? 2x storms. 3? 3x. 4? 4x.

Me and another player rammed each other because the storms were so huge. Thank god for no PvE ramming damage, we'd have both sunk!