Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Anchoring

We've started using the dingy more when doing treasure maps.  Since it's still a "ship" you're invisible while on it to the local wildlife.  If there's a large shallows, it's a huge help with getting to the target quickly without fighting through hordes of enemies.Insert other media

I think the larger the ship, the deeper water it can anchor in. So the dinghy would be more useful in the cases where people do so. I think part of the problem is the large percentage of steep underwater cliff drop offs near shore, with few areas having more gradual gradation.

14 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I think the larger the ship, the deeper water it can anchor in. So the dinghy would be more useful in the cases where people do so. I think part of the problem is the large percentage of steep underwater cliff drop offs near shore, with few areas having more gradual gradation.

We use a galleon, often times just better to swim over. I think the anchor only deploys if there is sand or something? Sometimes i dont see a reason why the anchor isnt dropping...

6 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

We use a galleon, often times just better to swim over. I think the anchor only deploys if there is sand or something? Sometimes i dont see a reason why the anchor isnt dropping...

Ah, haven't worked up to a galleon yet, maybe a long time before I do, so you def know more about it than I do. I will try to keep an eye out for the sand thing,going forward, to see if that seems to be the case or not. At this stage I suspect a lot of things aren't completely WAI anyway.

5 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Guess were alone in this.

Nah, we've got a Galleon going but we almost never anchor unless we plan to be there awhile, the dinghy gets used mostly to transport animals since the teleport thing can be finicky when you build structures on the deck.  When we do anchor it definitely is weird though there are spots it should anchor that it just won't.  We tend to spam "X" while moving backward toward shore to find a spot.  I do agree that you should be able to anchor further out though, it seems a tad ridiculous that a dinghy has the same length anchor as the galleon.