Drucinda

Anyone know how/where to remove a duplicated character from server?

My group have a dedicated server hosted thru GPortal. After encountering a bug while crossing gridlines I find I now have someone in game impersonating me.. she is always asleep when I'm on (Isn't that convenient). Sometimes when I log on, I actually log on as her and then the other me is sleeping đŸ˜‰Â  However, when I speak in chat, she always echos me even though she is suppose to be asleep. Very annoying. Not to mention, when she first put in an appearance it was aboard ship which immediately begin to sink due to too many crew....

Seriously though, I have poked around some in the server files. Anyone know where/how to remove that extra me? Right now I am afraid to actually equip the character or play the game as I don't know from one time to the next which one of me I will log on to.

You gotta do some manual redis database editing to remove specific players.

Edited by HelixU4

If it's GPortal you don't have direct access to redis database, don't you?

If there is no chance to remote connect it with tools like rdm, there is only a wipe possible.

im on nitrado. but u have no redis access. the mapfile, but i do not know how to edit them. i would create a new player and let an admin give u xp and transfer ownership if needed.

I've got the same problem.

Play on my dedicated server with one Character.

Made a local backup but can't log into that Character (new one needed) --> Duplicated

How we can edit characters Database seriously ?

Edited by Tumerion

On 1/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, Drucinda said:

My group have a dedicated server hosted thru GPortal. After encountering a bug while crossing gridlines I find I now have someone in game impersonating me.. she is always asleep when I'm on (Isn't that convenient). Sometimes when I log on, I actually log on as her and then the other me is sleeping đŸ˜‰Â  However, when I speak in chat, she always echos me even though she is suppose to be asleep. Very annoying. Not to mention, when she first put in an appearance it was aboard ship which immediately begin to sink due to too many crew....

Seriously though, I have poked around some in the server files. Anyone know where/how to remove that extra me? Right now I am afraid to actually equip the character or play the game as I don't know from one time to the next which one of me I will log on to.

That is YOUR character. When you keep trying to reconnect when your character is transferring grid, you are basically cloning yourself over and over. Just kill it.