Sign in to follow this  
McGimp

Gunplay

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

This game is not meant to be Call of Duty where you spam bullets. Its tactical where you need to make your shots count. So kindly gfys

Stop...

29 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Gun play is perfect the way it is. We could do with better and more unique mini games though.

The gunplay was fine untill they nerfed dmg, they are water guns now even in pvp not to mention in pve where a lvl 1 wolf have enough hp to survive 2 headshots. Stone or flame arrows all the way or altillery.

3 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

The gunplay was fine untill they nerfed dmg, they are water guns now even in pvp not to mention in pve where a lvl 1 wolf have enough hp to survive 2 headshots. Stone or flame arrows all the way or altillery.

Why should a gun be an insta kill? If anything a gun and bow should have weaker damage than melee to balance the playstyles out. It could use a slight damage increase though.

Edited by IsilithTehroth

2 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Why should a gun be an insta kill? If anything a gun and bow should have weaker damage than melee to balance the playstyles out. It could use a slight damage increase though.

Stop...

5 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Why should a gun be an insta kill? If anything a gun and bow should have weaker damage that melee to balance the playstyles out.

Increase meele dmg which is pathetic and have a pointless stunlock mechanic that when swinging it makes us stop in place. They should take a note on how TESO meele combat is done, everything is fluent, or warframe. Here can't even swing weapon mid-air, stops us in place and deals laughable damage. Also guns shoud be one-shot bcs otherwise they are worthless with the reload they have, considering having 3 wolves every 1 minute, not bothering with guns anymore, came back to stone age and swimming while sticking wood in their heads, our bow deals almost as much dmg as a flintlok pistol right now, we have perks and fine quality bow yes... but we can shoot it every second, we can sprint with it whenever want, we can shoot it in water and also have access to fire arrows which are both creature and ship siege potent.

EDIT: Ah also, we don't waste iron and oil for shooting/fixing, with carbine that's also alloys which is even more expensive. Bow only needs a bunch of wood, flint, fiber and hide which we can get everywhere in the world easly.

Edited by Nightstrasza

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Increase meele dmg which is pathetic and have a pointless stunlock mechanic that when swinging it makes us stop in place. They should take a note on how TESO meele combat is done, everything is fluent, or warframe. Here can't even swing weapon mid-air, stops us in place and deals laughable damage. Also guns shoud be one-shot bcs otherwise they are worthless with the reload they have, considering having 3 wolves every 1 minute, not bothering with guns anymore, came back to stone age and swimming while sticking wood in their heads, our bow deals almost as much dmg as a flintlok pistol right now, we have perks and fine quality bow yes... but we can shoot it every second, we can sprint with it whenever want, we can shoot it in water and also have access to fire arrows which are both creature and ship siege potent.

Time to kill should be higher in this game if it wants to be an mmorpg. Why should you be able to swing a weapon mid air? Everything you are pointing out adds to the game in my opinion. Also you aren't specced into a melee build are you? It does massive damage.

16 hours ago, McGimp said:

I dont know if its just me, but i absolutely hate the gun reload mechanic. Even if you play that stupid mini game to perfection, it takes you out of he fight for like 6-8 seconds. That, in my opinion, is shit game play,. I'd like to suggest lowering the reload time of guns by about 90% and deleting that stupid mini game. Ofc the damage would need to be nerfed to adjust for the increased rate of fire. And bullet craft rate would also need to be increased i think.

I mean honestly.. who thought a mechanic that left players unable to act(other than running in circles) for 8-15 seconds was a good idea. That is shit game design and boring gameplay. Succeeding or failing, the gun fight feels clunky, slow, and boring.

Have you actually ever used any muzzle loaded firearms?  In real life it takes much longer since you effectively have to clean the barrel after each shot to prevent backfires and improve accuracy.

Melee is obviously unfinished, we have Sword, Pike, Mace, and brass knuckles and thats it.  Thats not melee.

Doesnt mean guns need to be uber strong though.

They should be significant damage to a kill though, but with a very long reload time

In the period they were fired once, then swordwork commenced.

Side note: Most of the folks bitching about melee havent taken sword and board assist skills, nor have they tried the medic tree.  They just know it sucks without specializing any.

That being said, bows are the way to go right now

1 minute ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Time to kill should be higher in this game if it wants to be an mmorpg. Why should you be able to swing a weapon mid air? Everything you are pointing out adds to the game in my opinion. Also you aren't specced into a melee build are you? It does massive damage.

The problem isnt TTK alone, it is also the players participation in  that kill. Being that melee is a shambles in this game and will be until the physics and AI are completely overhauled, the best way to keep players engaged in a fight isnt a 15 second minigame between every fight.

No, firearms should never be the main fighting.

They are meant to start a fight or end a fight, not to pew pew pew the entire fight.

1 minute ago, Hambo said:

Have you actually ever used any muzzle loaded firearms?  In real life it takes much longer since you effectively have to clean the barrel after each shot to prevent backfires and improve accuracy.

Have you ever actually eaten a meal in real life? If you eat two steaks in one sitting, you die AND if you dont eat fish every 6 hours...dead.
 Have you ever Fired a cannon in real life? The cannon balls just magically appear in the cannon after every shot.
Have you ever sailed on a raft in real life?
Have you ever fought a 30 foot croc in real life? A ghost ship? A SoD?

Come on man.. realism is sacrificed all the time for improved game play.

3 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

They are meant to start a fight or end a fight, not to pew pew pew the entire fight.

Agreed

Edited by IsilithTehroth

3 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Then melee needs to be fixed. Given that its an issue, not only with Melee itself, clunky, slow, no defensible enough. But also an issue with the npc AI and the absolute shit physics in this game. My guess is it will be months if not years before melee is viable.

1 minute ago, McGimp said:

Then melee needs to be fixed. Given that its an issue, not only with Melee itself, clunky, slow, no defensible enough. But also an issue with the npc AI and the absolute shit physics in this game. My guess is it will be months if not years before melee is viable.

You are just trash at this game is all. So stop.....

Edited by IsilithTehroth

13 hours ago, rowdy said:

I kind of agree, but I also disagree. I agree that gunfights can be quite boring during reload time, but it only makes the reload skill better and a good return of investment. I also don't think pvp should be a gunfight only, as melee was a huge part of the combat back then.

Your problem is really not playing the fight as they are designed, as you are effectively only fighting with gun(s), thus neglecting melee weapons, grenades, throwing knives and other alternatives/secondary weaponry.

Shooting your guns and then go melee was the way they fought. Often they had 4-6 loaded guns as they had no time to reload in a fight.

If you can't finish off an opponent with 4-6 shots available including a carbine shot, fault is on you really.

By lowering the reload time of guns, you indirectly nerf melee, as it will no longer be remotely useful as the window of opportunity is so small (reduced enemy movement speed and threat of a loaded gun) that it's gonna be even harder to fight ranged as melee.

What do needs rebalance however, is flame arrows. Naked lowcost bow with a few flame arrows as the META is just absurd. You could easily stock up on hundreds of bows and flame ammo and keep fighting. You don't even have to care about armor, as you just need to hit with 1-2 flame arrows on a fully geared enemy.

Try getting pushed by 2-3 naked flame arrow guys, then you will hate reloading even more.

Another option used by both Armies and Navies using this technology was to stagger the firing lines... First row shoots, then kneels to reload while the second line shoots and kneels.  The third row shoots while the first row finishes loading and kneels as the first row stands and starts the whole process again (if needed)/

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

You are just trash at this game is all.

I havent played this game in two weeks brother. Trash i may be. But this is a forum deicated to discussing Atlas, not McGimp.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McGimp said:

I havent played this game in two weeks brother. Trash i may be. But this is a forum deicated to discussing Atlas, not McGimp.

So then maybe you should learn how to have a discussion as "Stop..." is not a discussion!  

I haven't reached a point where I have firearms, but the way reloading is referred to as "mini-games" that apparently you cannot perform while evading attack should be removed in favor of a "cooldown" of say 20 seconds that would allow evasion and/or melee fighting in the meantime.

I don't want to see Flintlock Uzis added because someone can't shoot as fast as they can in Fortnite, and some other arguments about vitamins and overeating should be more balanced.  After all I've never seen a cut of meat rot in 9 minutes in any other game, either  :classic_cool:

19 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

So then maybe you should learn how to have a discussion as "Stop..." is not a discussion!  

He is a troll. No point engaging with him. So yes, i say to him - Stop...

8 minutes ago, Hambo said:

I haven't reached a point where I have firearms, but the way reloading is referred to as "mini-games" that apparently you cannot perform while evading attack should be removed in favor of a "cooldown" of say 20 seconds that would allow evasion and/or melee fighting in the meantime.

I don't want to see Flintlock Uzis added because someone can't shoot as fast as they can in Fortnite, and some other arguments about vitamins and overeating should be more balanced.  After all I've never seen a cut of meat rot in 9 minutes in any other game, either  :classic_cool:

No you cannot perform the mini game when you are in danger and that is a good thing.  You fire flintlock 1, put it away fire flintlock 2 put it away grab your sword and end the battle when things are safe you reload.  Its basic and simple common sense!  And its actually a good design....  

Unlock most everything else in atlas that is not well designed... Over Powered animals, non effective melee weapons over powered fire arrows the game is a festering mess of nothing being in balance!  And everyone screaming don't nerf my favorite toy because its my favorite....  

News flash tons of nerfs and buff need to be done to this game to bring things into balance but one thing that is just fine as it is, is the reload of guns!

3 minutes ago, McGimp said:

He is a troll. No point engaging with him. So yes, i say to him - Stop...

That's not how you deal with a troll, that's how you look like one!

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

No you cannot perform the mini game when you are in danger and that is a good thing.  You fire flintlock 1, put it away fire flintlock 2 put it away grab your sword and end the battle when things are safe you reload.  Its basic and simple common sense!  And its actually a good design....  

Unlock most everything else in atlas that is not well designed... Over Powered animals, non effective melee weapons over powered fire arrows the game is a festering mess of nothing being in balance!  And everyone screaming don't nerf my favorite toy because its my favorite....  

News flash tons of nerfs and buff need to be done to this game to bring things into balance but one thing that is just fine as it is, is the reload of guns!

He hyperbolizes peoples arguments and poses it back to them in the form of a question. Thats trolling 101. example: So, you think anyone who disagrees with you is a  troll? Followed up with some nonsense double speak and possibly an insult.

He also contradicts himself, not is seperate threads but in the same statement. Maybe he isnt a troll, my gut says he is. 

Edited by McGimp

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Well, we've got 2 years to nerf and buff the crap out of this game... :classic_cool:

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

He hyperbolizes peoples arguments and poses it back to them in the form of a question. Thats trolling 101. example: So, you think anyone who disagrees with you is a  troll? Followed up with some nonsense double speak and possibly an insult.

He also contradicts himself, not is seperate threads but in the same statement. Maybe he isnt a troll, my gut says he is. 

1 hour ago, IsilithTehroth said:

This is a very good point and there is nothing here even remotely troll like....

56 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Again a very good Point and again nothing here is being a troll.

49 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Agreed

He agreed to another post here that happened to disagree with you and that post wasn't trolling either.

47 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

You are just trash at this game is all. So stop.....

At this point I don't blame him saying this too you as you told him to "Stop" as an answer to one of his posts long before this!

9 minutes ago, McGimp said:

4 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

This is a very good point and there is nothing here even remotely troll like....

Okay then dude.