Sign in to follow this  
ViperGuyMike

Can small tribes and solo players please get some relief from griefers?

For those unaware of where this game is headed, ask any long term Eve player about what happened when the mega alliances emerged in Eve. Solo pvp all but disappeared, and everyone is forced to join one of the mega corporations if you ever even dream of leaving the PVE protected areas. Where is the balance in Atlas? Every night I log in, build a sloop, sail to one place to try and get sap or crystal or something that isn't accessible in my lawless zone, sail home and log out for the night. The next night, I log in, ship sunk by the same people as the night before, and I start all over. Some nights I am attacked at sea, and its at least fun to try and defend by myself although I am always raped by large groups of people, but I'm not even complaining about that. Something as simple as making smaller ships faster than the large ships would solve the unbalanced griefing at sea. I would like to see a way for solo players or smaller tribes to defend their assets while offline. At least in Eve, you can dock your ship in a station while offline or just log out in a protected zone without having to log in before work the next morning to repair your ship before going to work. Maybe disable decay on ships in Freeports if the ships have no defenses or something, anything...it just ruins the game for many of us who are not interested in joining a mega company. I enjoy the game, but many of my friends have already quit playing due to the over-the-top griefing every day.

Edited by ViperGuyMike
  • Like 2

Well it's not really geared towards solo players it's all about building an empire and holding on to territory. 

But I understand where you are coming from.. we had a larger clan sink all our ships when we were offline the other night.. but this weekend we will simply sink every one of theirs and they will lose a lot more than we did.

I am not sure what solution would work to stop offline raiding.. maybe if no one is online in the clan then your assets can't be destroyed and it takes a lot longer for them to claim land.

I completely agree and understand. Although I do not think disabling decay in freeports is the solution, something must change. Not everyone wants to or can swiftly find a nice company. We should not be forced to log on in the morning before work or right before bed, to try and save our ship. We cannot devote every hour from our day to this game and almost feel guilty for having to sleep. Small crews or tribes should be able to have fun too. Though I do think they would have more fun on a PVE server, I hope something can be figured out to make the game a little more interesting to those people.

I wish to find a company myself, though want to take my time to find one. Since the moment I join it, my ship becomes theirs. Leave the company means losing your ship.

If some here want to play on a small scale and want to claim and manage only a small part of an island, then I don't understand why they don't play on a private server. There are private servers with 6x6 grids with a total of 200-300 players, there is more than enough space for everyone and there are rules and PvE areas against Offlineraids.

Why play full tryhard on the Officials if you don't like the concept of Atlas?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, denhope said:

If some here want to play on a small scale and want to claim and manage only a small part of an island, then I don't understand why they don't play on a private server. There are private servers with 6x6 grids with a total of 200-300 players, there is more than enough space for everyone and there are rules and PvE areas against Offlineraids.

+1

Is like i go to do mining in null sec in EvE and complain if a pirate attacks me. 

A solo/small srv with high rates of farm a cheap things and then, the officials one can go more complex than now to be more attractive for mature and hardcore gamers. Company fighting, expensive things to build, no NPC crew, etc

Edited by Manaos

4 hours ago, denhope said:

havent seen any servers with more then 20 population, unoffical servers, while there tons most are just 2x2 or 3x3 with some being bigger, but you wont get any meaningful pvp on them since their populations are too small

To have some safety i build 1x1 disencouraging multi level stone bases in lawless.

Must build more due to the 25% higher explosive damage after the troll kids were crying a river to the devs because they cant instant-kill every non-streamer with the 30 naked noobs following them.

6 hours ago, denhope said:

Because we bought an MMO to play.  We didn't pay the same price as you to play the same game to have you force your entitled opinion on us.  We are all here to play and give feedback on the game, stop telling people your way of playing is superior.  Either add something constructive to the post or stfu and dont say anything.

They have options in the game to play in an environment for people who want to do what you want.  They also have options for people who want to PVP and fight with all the little shithead trolls.  Don’t play PVP and then whine that it’s PVP... I swear man this generation is so fucking lost and entitled.  Some of the shot I read I can’t even comprehend what goes through peoples heads

I'm not complaining about pvp, I enjoy pvp. I do not however enjoy player versus TWO HUNDRED F'ING NAKED ZERGS CHASING ME DOWN THE BEACH...lol. I am simply suggesting that the devs find some sort of balance so that the thousands of players that don't want to join mega companies can enjoy the game. Too much protection ruins it too, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I just remember how so much of the enjoyment of Ark was lost after a couple years due to the mega tribes and alliances, I am just hoping that Atlas doesn't suffer the same fate. I think that most of us here aren't looking for another Rust...we like to pvp but want something more meaningful.

Edited by ViperGuyMike
  • Like 1