Sign in to follow this  
RedXStrike

Devs - keep radial menus consistent directions

So frustrating to have the radial menus switch the command locations - like fires for instance. When unlit, inventory is up. When lit, inventory I think is right and up is demolish. Dunno - but the menus swap around. Keep them consisten!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, RedXStrike said:

So frustrating to have the radial menus switch the command locations - like fires for instance. When unlit, inventory is up. When lit, inventory I think is right and up is demolish. Dunno - but the menus swap around. Keep them consisten!

Yes ! This is very very true and defies the whole point of using radial menus in the first place... That kind of menu is well known for the ability of a user to very quickly learn where an option is located in the menu and there is very fast and equal acces to all options in the menu (as opposed to a dropdown menu with first option being closer to pointer and last farther away).

Well I wont elaborate on GUI theory but swapping option positions in the menu nullifies the main advantage of that kind of menu and the very reason it is used + adds the possibility of errors by chosing the wrong option.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:26 PM, RedXStrike said:

More than likely it is this way so you can't script the game. The script cheaters rely on the menu being in the same location to automate it with scripts.