Sign in to follow this  
ave

boat sinks while offline.

so my sloops sank while i was offline on pve server, its still there under water with no holes in it and no1 stole anything from it so doesnt look like griefing, anyone else has boats sinking for no reason at all ?

Sounds like you were another one of those human beings that actually need to sleep.   Your boats sank because you weren't dedicating enough time to a recreational game.

(they decay over time, especially more so in town).  

10 minutes ago, ave said:

so my sloops sank while i was offline on pve server, its still there under water with no holes in it and no1 stole anything from it so doesnt look like griefing, anyone else has boats sinking for no reason at all ?

2 days ago a couple of guys parked their schooner in my claimed harbor and logged out. Yesterday afternoon I found that schooner in the bottom of my harbor with their dingy floating around.  Meanwhile, my anchored sloop and the anchored raft from a previous claimer barely took any damage. Ships in freeports and unanchored ships on someone else's claim take large amounts of damage and will sink.  Which, btw, is a great way to give the claim owner something exciting to do.  If it weren't for massive numbers of sharks I might even consider investing in a diving rigged sloop.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

2 days ago a couple of guys parked their schooner in my claimed harbor and logged out. Yesterday afternoon I found that schooner in the bottom of my harbor with their dingy floating around.  Meanwhile, my anchored sloop barely took any damage. Ships in freeports and unanchored ships on someone else's claim take large amounts of damage and will sink.  Which, btw, is a great way to give the claim owner something exciting to do.  If it weren't for massive numbers of sharks I might even consider investing in a diving rigged sloop.

i understand but this sloop was on my own land but i am not sure if i anchored it tho, on my land i can sometimes not anchor cause of weird under water stuff

Just now, ave said:

i understand but this sloop was on my own land but i am not sure if i anchored it tho, on my land i can sometimes not anchor cause of weird under water stuff

Then you have your answer as to what happened.  Even on your claim unanchored, they take much more damage.

• Like 1

before yesterdays patches wild animals will attack boats if players / crew were on them could have been destroyed by wild animals trying to get to the sleepers / crew 

It could be another case of exploiting players sinking ship by putting too much weight on it. Our entire server on EU PVE is "at war" with some asian company that sunk over 10 ships with this exploit. (Player can take up loot that is dropped to the floor even over his max. weight limit, then a second player drags him along with a grapling hook)

also u should get off you boat before disconnecting there is a bug that if you sleep on your boat the next time you get on it says boat and beds or destroyed 

Well since they fixed resource spawning on lawless  servers water twisters are coming into land. Yesterday alone I saw  multiple anchored ships next to my ship sink by them half my ship health was lost twice from two different times I witnessed it my ship in my harbor that has not been released yet had its medium planks at half after a couple of these. I hope this is just a bug  but I have not seen anyone mention this but im holding on building the rest of my new ship til this is addressed

Further details-

I was offline one night

I have to live in Lawless because of the fiasco that is claims and lack of land after weeks looking

The boat was anchored next to my shipyard - which was undamaged

Everything on the boat was locked so no easy water exploit, etc 

Yeah.... I'm going to vote you were exploited... happened to two sloops of mine, luckily people saw them do it so I have screen shots of names of the people.