Sign in to follow this  
MaulerTGD

New ATLAS ideas...

I dont know if this is the right place for it or not, but regardless, here it goes.

I would love another ATLAS server launched with a few changes made,  cap company size to 20 or 25 members, make it a majority map of PVE but mix in a few pvp lawless sectors, cap land claim flags to 1 per member of the company, dial back a bit on the ships of the damned, dial back a bit on predator animals agro range. and touch up your meshes and clipping issues (lost 4 animals to lions sticking their heads through a wall and dragging the animals out of their pens through the walls). Add ship degradation to someone parking their ship in non allied claimed territory,  and, for the final change, region restrict it to keep as many of the damn chinese out as you can (i know you cant keep em all out, but at least reduce their numbers)

16 minutes ago, MaulerTGD said:

I dont know if this is the right place for it or not, but regardless, here it goes.

I would love another ATLAS server launched with a few changes made,  cap company size to 20 or 25 members, make it a majority map of PVE but mix in a few pvp lawless sectors, cap land claim flags to 1 per member of the company, dial back a bit on the ships of the damned, dial back a bit on predator animals agro range. and touch up your meshes and clipping issues (lost 4 animals to lions sticking their heads through a wall and dragging the animals out of their pens through the walls). Add ship degradation to someone parking their ship in non allied claimed territory,  and, for the final change, region restrict it to keep as many of the damn chinese out as you can (i know you cant keep em all out, but at least reduce their numbers)

There are private servers set up kind of like that but my question about the one flag per person is what happens with your flag when you join or leave a company?

If you join a company your flag becomes theirs...  and what happens if you guys have a falling out? Does your flag stay theirs and if not how does it work when you open a big hole in the middle of their base that they need to replace with another player? What if that player already has land somewhere, does he lose claim on that land? What if it's your company and someone leaves taking half your base?

There are a lot of problems with the flags and no easy solutions.

I personally think flags should go away and islands should have a single flag for the whole island. Whoever controls the flag gets the taxes for that island and anybody can build there.

its simple, when you leave a company, the flag disappears, forcing the company to readjust to fill the space. it would promote more unity in a company and not people just recruiting everyone they see. and a single flag for the whole island? im sure you can see the problem there as well as i can, particularly if each member can lay a claim flag. then youve got companies that are setup before hand just heading in different directions to claim entire sectors with no chance to contest them in the original land rush.

22 minutes ago, MaulerTGD said:

its simple, when you leave a company, the flag disappears, forcing the company to readjust to fill the space. it would promote more unity in a company and not people just recruiting everyone they see. and a single flag for the whole island? im sure you can see the problem there as well as i can, particularly if each member can lay a claim flag. then youve got companies that are setup before hand just heading in different directions to claim entire sectors with no chance to contest them in the original land rush.

I think you misunderstand what I mean. Not each group getting a flag, only one flag that's always there and unmovable like king of the hill. No building on the flag so it's always contestable and claiming the flag doesn't take people's houses away...  cannons do that.

The idea would be that whoever controls the flag gets the taxes.  It would be a good setup for some kind of event that even the small companies could win and control the flag.

Some companies are HUGE, they had to limit it at 500... Limiting flags to one per player won't change anything if a company can drop 500 flags.

Edited by MindOfMadness

Instead of per player, per company. if Owner wants more flags gotta spec a hefty skill point cost into it. Only owner can Add more flags, this stops the whole falling out and losing your own flag. 

• Like 1

Simple solution. Flags can be placed by companies. In order to place the flag, you must have a minimum of 3 members in the company (If someone left your company so you are going to lose flag and all your base (you have 3 days to find another member before you lose). In that case make sure that you playing as a team and making people happy). The 2nd flag can be placed if you have minimum 10 members in the company. If you have less than 10 members so you can choose which flag you want to lose. 3rd Flag unlocks once you have 25 members in the company. 4th Flag if you 50 members and 5 flags if you have 100 members. Lawless zone and freeport is a place to look for companies or companies will look for you in these places.

Sorted.

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1