Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

These damn gates

Not very port like is it? This is the sort of thing that, if we are lucky, they will take as useful feedback and design something more appropriate as EA progresses. Don't necessarily fault them for having only the basics at this stage, but over time I agree completely that something more appropriate should make it's appearance.

But when a large gate costs a fraction of the mats it would take to use walls to cover the same area, you'd be stupid not to do it.

Maybe if you're in a large company that has the people to gather mats, but for solo / small companies it's much more cost / time effective.

I'll take down my 50 gates if you provide me the mats to build walls.

3 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

But when a large gate costs a fraction of the mats it would take to use walls to cover the same area, you'd be stupid not to do it.

Maybe if you're in a large company that has the people to gather mats, but for solo / small companies it's much more cost / time effective.

We get that, im also using them for this reason. 

They need to wipe the damn things make actual "port/city walls" and make them cheaper something has to give because they are just an eyesore and really ruins my immersion... and damnit i want to be immersed