Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

Recruits from Ships of the Damned

I understand that after destroying an AoD ship, you can recruit the guys that are floating in the water by the wreckage with gold coins. My question is, do you have to keep paying them hourly, like you do with recruits you hire at a free port, or are they then more like tames, they are just with you until they die. If you do have to keep paying them, what would the advantage be, since they cost more to acquire, both in effort and in gold coins?

14 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

I understand that after destroying an AoD ship, you can recruit the guys that are floating in the water by the wreckage with gold coins. My question is, do you have to keep paying them hourly, like you do with recruits you hire at a free port, or are they then more like tames, they are just with you until they die. If you do have to keep paying them, what would the advantage be, since they cost more to acquire, both in effort and in gold coins?

Not 100% on this but I believe they are more experienced then the level 1 crew you will recruit at freeport

Yes, you do still have to pay them hourly. The advantage is they are "Tamed" at a much higher level than the level 1s you get from the freeport vendors, allowing them to take more hits and deal more damage.

22 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Yes, you do still have to pay them hourly. The advantage is they are "Tamed" at a much higher level than the level 1s you get from the freeport vendors, allowing them to take more hits and deal more damage.

When you say "deal more damage", does that mean that the cannons they man deal more damage, or their hand to hand fighting?

I have found the level of the crew is equal to the level of the ship you sunk, they still require hourly payments as well....even after you know... you saved them...after well... sinking them XD