AmP3d

why are thet so hostile?

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

So the problem isn't that you can move while encumbered and the solution isn't to remove the weight limit.  The weight limit is an intended mechanic or people would just move around infinite amounts of supplies.  The problem is that in PvE and I supppose PvP(though I would think this is an intended tactic) people are putting one friend on a boat, and carrying supplies over to him/her to overweight the boat, they can pick up an infinite amount of resources because of a weight exploit on the character(Not the boat).  In PvE a possible solution is have some logs in the company log so the players can be tracked and banned, or a ship hanger item that can be placed to protect ships, allow the shipyards to be reused to dock ships back into them so weight doesn't affect them.... there are plenty of ideas but removing weight just leads to more exploits.

Well if you can not move while over encumbered then you can not move to ship or anywhere. If you are talking about body bagging then that can also be patched out. That would fix it. No hang gliding when you are over encumbered. Those are all the things you would have to do to ensure that someone can not simply get on your ship with alot of weight unless they actually move it load by load. If you fix the bug where you can drop items and then fill your inventory and then pick up al the items you already dropped then you would actually have to have more then one person on the ship to get the weight over limit.

Of course all these Fixes would destroy the current farming meta. No opinion either way to be honest.

49 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Well if you can not move while over encumbered then you can not move to ship or anywhere. If you are talking about body bagging then that can also be patched out. That would fix it. No hang gliding when you are over encumbered. Those are all the things you would have to do to ensure that someone can not simply get on your ship with alot of weight unless they actually move it load by load. If you fix the bug where you can drop items and then fill your inventory and then pick up al the items you already dropped then you would actually have to have more then one person on the ship to get the weight over limit.

Of course all these Fixes would destroy the current farming meta. No opinion either way to be honest.

No no... they wouldn't have coded in all those things if they didn't want it that way.  Right?  That's what you've been saying so far.  Apparently, in your opinion, they don't make mistakes.

I think you're misunderstanding the problem.

In PvP servers, you can just shoot boats dead, and shoot people trying to sink your boat with weight - granted, when they squad is offline, a single person being able to sink a boat is stupid (this is an oversight fixed by moored ships do not take weight damage - it's not moving so why is it sinking).

In PvE - while you're ON - assholes can jump on your ship and sink it with weight. Or throw chickens on it if they want to do something else since they tame easy. And there's fuck all you can do about it. This is clearly not intended as ships are supposed to safe from other players in PvE (this is easily solved by above moored no weight damage fix for when you're offline and making anyone who jumps on your ship target ble by human crew for assholes who try to sink you at sea).

The problem with the bug is mostly easy of offline sinking and no way to stop it in PvE.

32 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

No no... they wouldn't have coded in all those things if they didn't want it that way.  Right?  That's what you've been saying so far.  Apparently, in your opinion, they don't make mistakes.

I am not here to argue with you specificly. Attacks on me will just get your ignored. Either talk to me like you respect me or i just won't respect you enough to read your posts. Hope we are clear.

As far as just being a PvE problem. That could actually be fixed by making it impossible to weight sink ships if they are anchored.

Edited by wakko151

5 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Well, with that theory then everything in this game is running just perfect and there should be absolutely no need for patches because they surely wouldn't have coded in anything they didn't want to add... right?

Well, no, a bug is an accidental side effect of bad coding, I don't think  they accidentally coded weight limits and sinking mechanics for ships.

Build walls to protect against saboteurs.

Also, my humble solution:

1) Institute a max carry weight beyond which you can't walk

2) At three quarters that weight you can't climb rope ladders

3) At one half max weight you can't swim

4) At one quarter max weight you can no longer use a glider

At that point you could park your boats in claimed territory at a safe distances from shore and exploiters simply couldn't board under heavy load and would drown trying.

Edited by jmotivator
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, gadefence said:

I think you're misunderstanding the problem.

In PvP servers, you can just shoot boats dead, and shoot people trying to sink your boat with weight - granted, when they squad is offline, a single person being able to sink a boat is stupid (this is an oversight fixed by moored ships do not take weight damage - it's not moving so why is it sinking).

In PvE - while you're ON - assholes can jump on your ship and sink it with weight. Or throw chickens on it if they want to do something else since they tame easy. And there's fuck all you can do about it. This is clearly not intended as ships are supposed to safe from other players in PvE (this is easily solved by above moored no weight damage fix for when you're offline and making anyone who jumps on your ship target ble by human crew for assholes who try to sink you at sea).

The problem with the bug is mostly easy of offline sinking and no way to stop it in PvE.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, jmotivator said:

Well, no, a bug is an accidental side effect of bad coding, I don't think  they accidentally coded weight limits and sinking mechanics for ships.

Build walls to protect against saboteurs.

Also, my humble solution:

1) Institute a max carry weight beyond which you can't walk

2) At three quarters that weight you can't climb rope ladders

3) At one half max weight you can't swim

4) At one quarter max weight you can no longer use a glider

At that point you could park your boats in claimed territory at a safe distances from shore and exploiters simply couldn't board under heavy load and would drown trying.

These are all great ideas. See, there are actual people on the forums. With real opinions. That aren't just vain attempts to tempt you into raging into a really slow chat room.

3 hours ago, wakko151 said:

These are all great ideas. See, there are actual people on the forums. With real opinions. That aren't just vain attempts to tempt you into raging into a really slow chat room.

They're actually all none solutions.

1: Ark had that, all it'll do is prevent people from crawling resources from their box/tame to a location, it won't deter anyone.
2: Won't deter anyone, most people leave ladders up when they're offline.
3: That would make the game really annoying. Picture only having 125 pounds on you or you drown at 0 weight buff.
4: No one uses gliders to get on boats. It's far easier to climb/hook onto them or to jump from a taller ship.

Still think the only bug free solutions is - anchored ships can't take weight damage and allow to kill people on your boat in PvE to prevent people who jump on your ship at sea (on the rare chance).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

They're actually all none solutions.

1: Ark had that, all it'll do is prevent people from crawling resources from their box/tame to a location, it won't deter anyone.
2: Won't deter anyone, most people leave ladders up when they're offline.
3: That would make the game really annoying. Picture only having 125 pounds on you or you drown at 0 weight buff.
4: No one uses gliders to get on boats. It's far easier to climb/hook onto them or to jump from a taller ship.

Still think the only bug free solutions is - anchored ships can't take weight damage and allow to kill people on your boat in PvE to prevent people who jump on your ship at sea (on the rare chance).

To add to the injury, ppl on our boat can't fight back, a good humiliation, imagine getting all that free iron they had on them.