UDO

durability on bows is a joke by the devs they are trolling us

as title , wtf idiot dev sat down and said i know lets make bows break after 10-20 shots , it takes 10 to kill so they will only kill 1- 2 animals before it breaks then they will die and have to run back ,

if u insist on this stupid change at least reduce the bow timer from 10 fucking seconds so we can carry a spare and swap in a sensible time 

• Like 1

I think 100 shots/string would make more sense. I have a bow irl that's 60+ years old, 1000s of shots and it's still good as day one. Strings, on the other hand, they break. ~100 shots/string (more for higher quality), 10 fiber/string, 20-30 string/stack, 10 second string change would be a good solution. Low weight, no repair required.

• Like 1

I agree, 100 shots is good.  Also, the Strong Arm skills need to be drastically buffed, such that the bow and arrow becomes a viable weapon choice for players.  As it stands, it is unrealistically weak.  An arrow is just as dangerous to you as a bullet.  What makes a gun a better choice is it's more compact size (pistol), and size and weight of the ammo.  A bow and arrow, however, is more stealthy, as it has much much less noise associated with firing it.

The skill tree needs to be seriously reworked into 3 categories, Combat, Occupation, and Talent.  Skill points would be awarded to each of them, such that you choose a style of combat, an occupation, and a talent.

• Like 1

Since the last update, the durability and spoil times have been horribly altered!! The max durability of Tools, Guns, Armor.. Spoil timers of food , etc.. Bows are breaking after 10 shots. Anyone else having this issue?