Sign in to follow this  
robjames5

Sea/Water Claims Removed -- Removed from up coming patch??

I was excited to see on the upcoming patch notes....... then i went to read them again to a friend.... and now its gone.

The Sea/Water Claims are worthless at the moment.... unless used to have more space on land if placed near coastline

Why was it deleted on the upcoming patch?

Edited by robjames5

What do you think happens when a whole bunch of claim flags are deleted?  What happens to all the infrastructure under those flags?  In my sector alone, most sea claims are just off land and used as land claims.

Not sure if sea claim changs would wipe those out, but that would be a big issue, it would be a partial reset of the server in many ways, and should come with some advanced notice and specifics so people can plan accordingly.

Edited by Secluse

11 minutes ago, robjames5 said:

And what’s that matter if they’re going wipe anyway. 

I would love a source on that.

Why wouldn't they?  Its in EA.. They will have to at some point... its what expected out of all games.  Fix bugs, Wipe on or near release.

Im actually surprised its gone this far without a wipe.

Edited by robjames5

8 minutes ago, robjames5 said:

Why wouldn't they?  Its in EA.. They will have to at some point... its what expected out of all games.  Fix bugs, Wipe on or near release.

Im actually surprised its gone this far without a wipe.

Take it you didn't EA Ark. All they did was archive the old servers and opened up new. (Thou someone did say very early ark they did wipe) but I doubt they will this one, just archive it once released and add new.

Spose it is possible thou notta from the devs on it that I know of.

Edited by Dags

Isn't that basically wiping?  if they got rid of servers and added new ones

and no , I have never played Ark and never will.

Edited by robjames5

I don’t think there will be a wipe in the near term, maybe before launch and the form of archiving the old, but if they haven’t wiped yet with all the duping and bugs, not sure what would trigger one going forward.  

5 hours ago, Dags said:

Take it you didn't EA Ark. All they did was archive the old servers and opened up new. (Thou someone did say very early ark they did wipe) but I doubt they will this one, just archive it once released and add new.

Spose it is possible thou notta from the devs on it that I know of.

They actually fully wiped ark in EA a few times in the very beginning due to massive bugs and exploits.  The whole archive thing wasn't until way later on after the game had been going for quite some time.

6 hours ago, robjames5 said:

And what’s that matter if they’re going wipe anyway. 

they are going to wipe any time soon ....its just wishful thinking from players that were late to the party .

41 minutes ago, robjames5 said:

I started day 1.  So I’m not late. I have land. So not sure that was meant for me. 

I tried too, unfortunately the game didn't work for me for 2 days. That said, I don't see a wipe necessarily helping unless I can be on right after it happens. All the big companies/streamer companies were all wanting a wipe because they know exactly where to go now for the best stuff they need end game, and they know exactly how to get there fast, and they have the workforce to do it quickly. I play mostly solo, so I honestly don't see it helping me a whole lot outside of just being able to finally build an actual base.

All of that said, I want the Sea claims gone. I'm sick of getting pop-ups that say crap like "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" whenever I'm trying to go to another region and just passing over water.

Edited by Aviate