Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

Why Not Open Lawless to Claims?

Seriously. If you're not going to limit how many claims people can have can you at least unlock more land for us to claim?

best way is to make companies have to level to place claims, and more of them, and or larger areas of the particular claim. ALSO an upkeep the more you ahve the more it costs, larger comps should have to invest more time to keep their shit.  will slow them on pvp side a bit too.

then hard cap how many you can have and even more skills and leveling /maint needed for alliances and multiples etc.

There are many ways to slow the overclaiming down. Restricting it completely might not be the best option. What you can do, is making the regressive curve so steep, that the contesting timer will be too low (for more flags), that people are encouraged to build small. Everyone would have a chance to conquer large areas, but at some point they would not want to risk losing everything within a few minutes. 

This timer could start at a few days for only one claim, drastically decreasing as you reach claims in the 5(?) range

Lawless is currently a refuge for people who can't get claims, but if the upcoming changes to claims(people can build in other companies claims if they allow it) fix the lack of land  then could lawless areas become claimable.

Dont need to be claimable, just need to increase the decay time and allow us to resurrect in the beds there, that way we would have a system to build like ark.

• Like 1

I don't know why we even need claiming flags on pve.

This claiming flags go just for pvp in my opinion

42 minutes ago, 3sixtyy said:

I don't know why we even need claiming flags on pve.

This claiming flags go just for pvp in my opinion

Yeah. They are a part of the tax system. On PvP you can build on a big company's land, and therefore be safer than if you'd build on your own spot. In return you pay taxes.

On PvE, you won't get anything in return, because no one should be able to hurt you. 

If they were to remove the claiming system, people could still spawn foundations/pillars on an island to grief it. This is one of my concerns.

Another option is modifying the system so there would be a downside of having large territories. Have a look at: