Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Is it possible to log out at sea?

It was safe when the damned ships didnt spawn, but now you might agro them even on a raft.

Not for nothing but I sailed right through the middle of a storm last night, and while I died at the helm, with a bed that was a momentary annoyance at worst. The ship did sustain some damage, but nothing that impaired it's functionality noticeably until I was able to port and make repairs.

The best place to log is next to large cliffs, rocks where things do not spawn.  But then you're at the mercy of other players.  I think there is no real safe place to log out and keep your things.  Even known players to log out in a stone fortress and come back to everything stomped by an alpha and back at Freeport.  I have started to 'hide' a storage box away from the main base with my valuable items in it, then kill myself, spawn at the freeport, log off there (stopping your body agroing your base), then when you log back in, kill yourself and spawn back at your main base.  Doesn't help with the claim mess, but if you're among friendly neighbours you'll at least not agro local wildlife and they wreck everything you have to hit on you.  I do not know if SotD agros YOU or the raft, if it's you then stash your stuff and kill yourself like above.

Yes you can log out in the ocean, it hasnt been mentioned if creatjres will go into stasis as theh did in ark or not.

But logging out in tbe deep means any shios of the dammed can freely fire upon you

59 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

The best place to log is next to large cliffs, rocks where things do not spawn.  But then you're at the mercy of other players.  I think there is no real safe place to log out and keep your things.  Even known players to log out in a stone fortress and come back to everything stomped by an alpha and back at Freeport.  I have started to 'hide' a storage box away from the main base with my valuable items in it, then kill myself, spawn at the freeport, log off there (stopping your body agroing your base), then when you log back in, kill yourself and spawn back at your main base.  Doesn't help with the claim mess, but if you're among friendly neighbours you'll at least not agro local wildlife and they wreck everything you have to hit on you.  I do not know if SotD agros YOU or the raft, if it's you then stash your stuff and kill yourself like above.

You know leaving your base without a sleeper leaves it open to claim stealing.