Realist

Atlas was meant be be an ark DLC

Ok the corruption is just worse than I thought.

turns out atlas was an ark dlc since there is an ark menu in the title screen. Even had a single player mode.

not just that but it really makes sense now that there are only 4 maps that have been copy and pasted then rotated. I thought that was weird but the atlas map DLC was probably going to be those 4 maps.

instead of charging a ark map price they are trying to turn it into a whole game. Totally corrupt. They even went through and did minor changes like calling “raw meat” “animal meat” 

sorry but that is just way too much corruption for me.

It's literally not a possible thing to release atlas as dlc. Not compatible. Its the same company and they are using stuff from ark to to make the game, thats been known for a long time. how the heck is that corruption? The toyota supra has the steering wheel from a camry, doesnt make it a camry. 

• Like 4

The people complaining that this is just an Ark reskin are the same ones who buy Madden at $60 year after year, after year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sir Burass said:

It's literally not a possible thing to release atlas as dlc. Not compatible. Its the same company and they are using stuff from ark to to make the game, thats been known for a long time. how the heck is that corruption? The toyota supra has the steering wheel from a camry, doesnt make it a camry. 

The original map was the same 4 islands they copy and pasted then rotated 😂 everything says dlc you just don’t want it to be 👍

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Ok the corruption is just worse than I thought.

turns out atlas was an ark dlc since there is an ark menu in the title screen. Even had a single player mode.

not just that but it really makes sense now that there are only 4 maps that have been copy and pasted then rotated. I thought that was weird but the atlas map DLC was probably going to be those 4 maps.

instead of charging a ark map price they are trying to turn it into a whole game. Totally corrupt. They even went through and did minor changes like calling “raw meat” “animal meat” 

sorry but that is just way too much corruption for me.

Please stop spreading nonsense, Atlas is a newer unreal engine and would never have worked. 

A large part is reused from ark what is totally fine. A lot of games do that, World of warcraft,battlefield, call of duty etc.

Don't state things if you don't know what you're talking about

• Like 4

5 hours ago, warhealer said:

Please stop spreading nonsense, Atlas is a newer unreal engine and would never have worked. 

A large part is reused from ark what is totally fine. A lot of games do that, World of warcraft,battlefield, call of duty etc.

Don't state things if you don't know what you're talking about

Yes once they decided to make it a new game, of course they switched to the new engine. I know exactly what I am talking about 

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes once they decided to make it a new game, of course they switched to the new engine. I know exactly what I am talking about 

Switched to a new engine? Do you think it is that easy? You clearly know what you are talking about.

But whatever, if that makes you feel better.

• Like 2

"instead of charging a ark map price they are trying to turn it into a whole game. Totally corrupt."

it's business, not personal

keep saying that to yourself  till you understand how business works 

9 hours ago, Sir Burass said:

Actually it is very possible. The only difference is really on the backend with how they did the server clustering. The menus, and everything else is literally a copy/paste from Ark directly. You can even access a hidden Ark menu on Atlas...

So yes... it is very possible and already being done. The DLC is called Atlas.

Edited by Andro Bourne

5 hours ago, warhealer said:

A large part is reused from ark

A large part? Most of the game files are reused... They didn´t even changed the folders of their own Ark dlc´s.

3 minutes ago, Xronos said:

A T-Rex just ate my pirate 😞

Tame it!

I mean, after you either respawn or use Will Ferrell's alternative solution in the Land of the Lost movie.

Edited by Majic

12 minutes ago, Andro Bourne said:

So yes... it is very possible and already being done. The DLC is called Atlas. 

That´s what it is literally meant to be...

Can you download Atlas into ARK? if no, then it is not DLC

Can you find ARK in Atlas, well... let's see... Same dev's, same programmers, same code, same base engine, smart people do not start from scratch if they can avoid it, saves time, money, and work... could it have started as a idea for ARK? yup, could they have begun to make a DLC? yup, did they ? nope

• Like 4

Just now, Pirate Hawkins said:

Doesn´t make any sense...just think about it. Look at the ark and atlas folders and tell me what you see there. Ever seen something called "scorched earth" or "aberration" in Atlas? No? Because these were DLC´s of Ark...

11 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

Can you find ARK in Atlas, well... let's see... Same dev's, same programmers, same code, same base engine, smart people do not start from scratch if they can avoid it, saves time, money, and work... could it have started as a idea for ARK? yup, could they have begun to make a DLC? yup, did they ? nope

I'm a network/system engineer... and I can tell you for a fact, way they developed this was god damn sloppy and copy/paste of Ark. Using the excuse of "its easy" doesn't mean it is the right way... DLC or not, the fact their is a hidden Ark menu and literal 90% or more copy/paste from Ark, its just wrong. They obviously rushed this out as a cash grab.

Delay the game 4 fucking times, you better at least be able to keep the servers online. There is zero excuse for this especially after they knew what to expect from Ark release. They learned all this and knew exactly what to except and yet, one of the worst releases of 2018. This doesn't even mention the lack of communication from their dev team on the issues and their bug fixes or future plans.

Supporting this dev team and their actions just makes you part of the fucking problem. Not the solution. Get your head out of their ass and think for yourself.

P.S.

Just because you can't "download Atlas into Ark", that doesn't prove shit on if it was meant to be a DLC or not. Do you understand programming works? It would takes seconds to remove said options. It doesn't prove anything.

Edited by Andro Bourne
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Andro Bourne said:

They learned all this and knew exactly what to except and yet

Ya...but....bad pr is better then none. Atlas is just some kind of a reark. Maybe it is better than Ark itself, maybe it is better than Sot...but it is Ark with the same problems, the same performance issues.

2 minutes ago, Kuhlbox said:

Ya...but....bad pr is better then none. Atlas is just some kind of a reark. Maybe it is better than Ark itself, maybe it is better than Sot...but it is Ark with the same problems, the same performance issues.

Expect it is is worse... Ark is in a functional state right now and is playable. This game is not.

So no, its not even close to the same thing.

Ark is in a functional state

And nothing more....just functional. No optimization since? EA!

Just now, Kuhlbox said:

And nothing more....just functional. No optimization since? EA!

Read the patch notes... they have done optimization patches...

The game is totally playable now. Which is saying more then this god damn game.

• Like 1

The game is totally playable now

If you play for yourself...ever been on a official server in a alpha tribe base at structure and taming limit?  If u think that 5 to 20fps are playable..ok...go, have some fun. They always promised to optimize the game, but they never really did. Even though with atlas...