Sign in to follow this  
Ucan_Kizmiaz

Aging

Aging in game - a nice idea or not ? no clue though.

but seriously, i aged 13 years in one week of playing this game and the stats state it's day 243.

does that mean that in about 1,5 weeks at day 600 i only can make it to the deck using a walker ?

The aging system is not implemented yet but basically you will have to have a child to continue on when you reach old age and die.  If you don't you have to roll a new level 1.  Every time you die in game you age a little bit more but its unclear if this part is implemented yet or not as everyone in my clan who started day one all seems to be the same age regardless of how many times they die or not.

Hopefully this also means the max age and final death is also not implemented.  I'm gunna be pissed if I suddenly keel over at 60 with no way around it. lol.

28 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

The aging system is not implemented yet but basically you will have to have a child to continue on when you reach old age and die.  If you don't you have to roll a new level 1.  Every time you die in game you age a little bit more but its unclear if this part is implemented yet or not as everyone in my clan who started day one all seems to be the same age regardless of how many times they die or not.

Hopefully this also means the max age and final death is also not implemented.  I'm gunna be pissed if I suddenly keel over at 60 with no way around it. lol.

Hope it never makes it in, not gonna go to some stranger just to have an imaginary "kid" and bf can't play this game bcs for whatever reason gets 20 fps locked and stuter.

+ dying is not even that hard, have a pack of woles or better, an alpha roaming nearby and guess such age 20 person would go straight to 60 in one day.

Edited by Nightstrasza
  • Like 2

Well, it probably is going to be added in so you're most likely gunna have to figure out how to cope with your imaginary kid issues unless you want to roll a new character or find the fountain of youth (will also be added as a way to drop age).  

I'm guessing with how they did the breeding mechanics in Ark that your kid will be similar in this.  Probably will have to "breed", have the kid, then spend some time raising it and stuff or at least keeping it from dying for a little bit of time then when it grows up you can die and switch over to it.  If not the fountain of youth will be  your other option but you will have to find it and I imagine it won't be easy.

We die a lot in my company, most people die just to reset food and water and it seems that part of the death mechanic is not in game yet as we are all about the same age.

Duh, i don't wanna "breed". Hopefully you won't need other players to do this and some NPC will do lol.

Comme je l'ai dis sur d'autres postes , c'est pas un jeu de survie mais plus un jeu à la sims ... qu'elle idée à la con ... ce reproduire faire son coincoin dans un jeu ... mouai. Dommage...

On the steam forums before release, there was a player organizing for an ingame rp brothel for just this purpose. Was pretty amusing, but yeah I think there are gonna be options.