Sign in to follow this  
radosc

Stealing base with sleepers? Is it possible?

Since we have a bit of claim wars going on right now on our island and Atlas in general, some territories changed hands couple of times that resulted in multiple claims overlapping. As you can imagine that poses some problems when it comes to growing bases. What happens when one part of the same base spans over two areas, and a hostile party want's to claim the whole? I had a building stolen (empty) with the claim border just overlapping by half foundation. What happens when the sleepers are within a different claim flag but still inside the base? Does the base ownership is transferred or building "cut",  the base is off limits or claiming is impossible?

Sometimes when I was trying to steal territory, I could not place a flag even when the flag was blue. I had to move away, so the border does not touch the building. 

If we can confirm that if a big base that spans, for example, three flags,  can be protected by a single sleeper than the system makes much more sense. If you build on the land and have the means to repair everything than it is protected. If the base, spamming two flags could be taken over with sleepers inside that would introduce pretty interesting plays soon as borders between claims are getting more complicated every day. 

Can anyone test it?

Only issue is that npc creatures apparently can go inside houses and kill sleepers. It's a bug i have been killed several times in my house had boxes destroyed by wolves walking threw walls when I'm offline.

Nothing is really safe in pve. Your sleepers die in house by npcs . Anyone can steal your claims. Brigs being sunk by randoms and now getting a bonus to use the ships resources to build their own fleet. 

Edited by James_32

I was online in my zone and someone dropped a flag and started declaiming my flag and there was nothing I could do to stop it.  THere's definitely a huge flag bug right now that requires attention but as much as I love this game, the dev team is horrible with communication and they need to address it.  I never had any intentions of quitting until someone literally declaimed my flag while I was online and right next to them.  I only have 1 flag that I live under, no overlaps from anyone. 

2 hours ago, sora said:

I was online in my zone and someone dropped a flag and started declaiming my flag and there was nothing I could do to stop it.  THere's definitely a huge flag bug right now that requires attention but as much as I love this game, the dev team is horrible with communication and they need to address it.  I never had any intentions of quitting until someone literally declaimed my flag while I was online and right next to them.  I only have 1 flag that I live under, no overlaps from anyone. 

Where you in the area or in that particular circle of the flag being contested. If you stay in it long enough his flag contentment should fail

It dosnt fall if the guy that placed the flag sticks around so it only turns into a who can wait longer game . @sora and yeah ive had that happen but i didnt take it laying down if they want  to play dirty i can as well 1st time ever ive done it but i gave them a warning to remove that claim flag or i will sink the schooner they have , they didnt liaten so i demolished my building and used the materials to sink it . If im gonna lose my hard work cause of a bug dont think you are gonna get away without taking any damage . And i wasnt even the 1st guy,  they already had taken over my allies buildings and who were sleeping in it. 

Edited by JackTheWack

7 hours ago, Hackjob said:

Where you in the area or in that particular circle of the flag being contested. If you stay in it long enough his flag contentment should fail

Yes I was in the area of my land AND the area of his flag.  My flag was falling and his flag was not be contested by my presence.  Both people in my company were in both of the flag zones and the system completely didn't recognize or protect the flag. 

6 hours ago, JackTheWack said:

It dosnt fall if the guy that placed the flag sticks around so it only turns into a who can wait longer game . @sora and yeah ive had that happen but i didnt take it laying down if they want  to play dirty i can as well 1st time ever ive done it but i gave them a warning to remove that claim flag or i will sink the schooner they have , they didnt liaten so i demolished my building and used the materials to sink it . If im gonna lose my hard work cause of a bug dont think you are gonna get away without taking any damage . And i wasnt even the 1st guy,  they already had taken over my allies buildings and who were sleeping in it. 

And no, you need to reread.  The flag WAS falling.  The timer went down while and nothing I tried would contest it.  I tried logging out, dying, reentering the zone.  My sleeping company member was in the house and I was online and active in the zone.  My flag was counting down and his flag was never showing as being contested.

1 hour ago, sora said:

Yes I was in the area of my land AND the area of his flag.  My flag was falling and his flag was not be contested by my presence.  Both people in my company were in both of the flag zones and the system completely didn't recognize or protect the flag. 

And no, you need to reread.  The flag WAS falling.  The timer went down while and nothing I tried would contest it.  I tried logging out, dying, reentering the zone.  My sleeping company member was in the house and I was online and active in the zone.  My flag was counting down and his flag was never showing as being contested.

If that happens then go build a campfire and kill your character. Then simply respawn at your bed in your base and that cancels the flag. Did for me always so far.

Something like this should be documented with pictures, in my opinion.  I hate to mention the awful "H" word, but it's possible that there might be hacks.