Sign in to follow this  
beholdoblivion

Anyone able to share a custom 2x2 Map?

Not sure if the ability is there (by sharing the JSON files for all 4 servers, with Personal IP info removed?), but if anyone has been able to make a custom 2x2 map with different climates and named islands, could you possibly share it with me? 

1 minute ago, jeppekroezen said:

just load the existing 2x2 map and edit the map with ur own islands?

the program itself is very easy to do.

That's what I did. I downloaded the starter 2x2 that Nitrado installs and went from there.  Deleted all but one Freeport island for the Home server including the 3 other spawn locations, changed that grid's climate to Temperate, then deleted all of the other generic islands from the other 3 grids. Once I did that, I changed the climate in the other 3 grids to different ones, then I added islands of my choosing to all 4 grids. I added discovery zones for every island I placed (17 total for now)  and all was well. Just make sure you don't move the one starter island you keep in the home grid. There may be a way to fix it, but when I tried to make a custom map where I relocated the starter island I kept, none of the nodes were harvestable. It's a bit hard to get started when you can't harvest fiber, stone, etc.

When you go to export the map's JSON and jpeg files, make sure you uncheck "Show Discovery" and "Show Island Name" or those will show up on the in-game map. Once you actually make the discovery, that will properly show up on the in-game map. That's basically how I "named" my islands.

Ok, I have managed to create my custom map.  My main issue is uploading it to the 2x2 server cluster I have rented from Survival Servers.  I'm thinking I should have gone with Nitrado now, but Im sure there's a way to still achieve this?  

I export from the ServerGridEditor, but am not sure if I am supposed to upload Individual ServerGrid.json to each server in my cluster...or just my home server?  When I export from the program, I do not seem to get individual Json's for each server.  Thank you all for your help. 

On 1/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, beholdoblivion said:

Ok, I have managed to create my custom map.  My main issue is uploading it to the 2x2 server cluster I have rented from Survival Servers.  I'm thinking I should have gone with Nitrado now, but Im sure there's a way to still achieve this?  

I export from the ServerGridEditor, but am not sure if I am supposed to upload Individual ServerGrid.json to each server in my cluster...or just my home server?  When I export from the program, I do not seem to get individual Json's for each server.  Thank you all for your help. 

If you haven't figured it out already...

Upload the ServerGrid.json to your Main (Home) server. Also upload the 5 .jpg map files (1 for each grid square, and a composite map of all 4 combined). I'm not sure how Survival Servers has it set up, but Nitrado has an upload button for the json and one for the jpegs that put the files in the correct spots. Might check Survival Server's FAQ or contact their support. I've used them for other games and they're not a bad host 99% of the time. Nitrado got my business this time because they were ready to rock on launch day.

EDIT:

Also, make sure you share your main server's secret key with the 3 expansion servers. Nitrado has a spot for it on each expansion server. Assuming Survival Servers has the same.

Edited by Jaxyl