Sign in to follow this  
StockInsAug

Chicken mating - what means this icon?

Hallo pirats,

i'm trying to mate chicken. But when i enable wandering, they dont mate. Just this icon is on the female chicken. Anyone knows what this icon means?

20190102200909_1.jpg

Edited by StockInsAug

From what I've experienced that means they are not going to mate even though they are on wandering to do so.  I sailed away and restarted my cattle after about 30 minutes and they had no issues after that(did not need to move them at all).  It could be a mating attempt happened too soon and they moved so they won't try again for awhile.

Animals prefer comfortable temperatures and environment. They won't mate unless happy.

You haven't told us enough about your base, although this photo suggests it is night, therefore cold.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

Animals prefer comfortable temperatures and environment. They won't mate unless happy.

You haven't told us enough about your base, although this photo suggests it is night, therefore cold.

Ah, ok. Our base  is in the tundra biome and we used wood components. I have tried something yesterday, like mate inhouse, mate outdoor, on floors, on the ground. During that, it was day and night.

Next time i will check the temperature und build some campfire around the chicken. Thanks for the the hint.

Edit:
I mated my chicken on midday and two campfires. Now it works. 🙂 Thanks @Ankhwearer

Edited by StockInsAug