Sign in to follow this  
UDO

why is the flag refresh still not working :/

having to replace my couple of flags every 3 days so i dont wake up with no base is ridiculous , when is this getting fixed , 

Works for me and 3 other companies on our island. We check upkeep for each other. There has to be some limitation. Some People want a flag cap, others want flags gone entirely. I'm personally content with the system as is  as long as they fix overlap.

13 minutes ago, Nari said:

Works for me and 3 other companies on our island. We check upkeep for each other. There has to be some limitation. Some People want a flag cap, others want flags gone entirely. I'm personally content with the system as is  as long as they fix overlap.

they only show upkeep for 3 days we tried it over weekend with alliance, today they started to show as claimable again be careful 

they will need replacing every 3 days this was even with timer in minus numbers

Edited by UDO

Yea, but I'm pretty sure that is intended functionality. However:  PVE Territory can only be claimed if the owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days. This is misleading. To remain active replace your flags.

Edited by Nari

see, i disagree with this, even some of my new flags are being contestable within placing, or within a coupel of hours

1 minute ago, mizunami said:

see, i disagree with this, even some of my new flags are being contestable within placing, or within a coupel of hours

Then I would say you're experiencing a bug. Which is certainly possible, but since they patched to add 3 day grace it has been working fine for our region and all companies in it. Many new arrivals have complained about NOT being able to claim our land. "What do I do? There's a timer." because we all replace our flags every 2-3 days. 

yea but you shouldn't have to replace your flags, it should be reupping it if you are active in the area

I've not experienced this issue whether it was with a flag placed before or after that initial patch.  The issue we've had is with some people exploiting the overlap system or finding a flag that lets them attempt a claim regardless(it 9/10 fails).  I'd say there is likely an exploit going on that some people know about and others don't.  

2 minutes ago, mizunami said:

yea but you shouldn't have to replace your flags, it should be reupping it if you are active in the area

I agree it is tedious but it is is also necessary. Otherwise I could spam flags and beds and remain active in multiple regions even while solo. There has to be a limitation. What that limitation should be is up for debate.

Just now, Nari said:

I agree it is tedious but it is is also necessary. Otherwise I could spam flags and beds and remain active in multiple regions even while solo. There has to be a limitation. What that limitation should be is up for debate.

but thats the point in the game, they even said they are trying to make a game thats ark/eve combined, so the claim things is a thing, while yes on pve it sucks, it is their design. hell i have a whole side of an island claimed, but i also removed 2 claims to let people live there, and pay me taxes. so it just needs to be regulated by the players. and yes, maybe they shoudl figure out a way to not just pop in, reset timer, and be done, maybe you have to spend significant time in the area?..who knows

1 minute ago, mizunami said:

... and yes, maybe they shoudl figure out a way to not just pop in, reset timer, and be done, maybe you have to spend significant time in the area?..who knows

Well it takes 10min to reclaim so why not 10min of being active? Achieves the same effect minus the tedious reclaiming (which itself is an issue simply due to Overlap. Overlap needs to be patched asap)

actually i think thats a fine solution, be INSIDE the claim flag area for 10 minuets, hell for me since some of mine overlap its easier. but still semi tedious cuz you gotta go through and check yoru flags, they NEED to add a way to check yoru own flags timers though

Yes! Currently the only people who can see upkeep are allies and land snatchers... Show us our own upkeep!!!

35 minutes ago, mizunami said:

this the system is not designed to have u replace flags every 3 days , it wouldnt be so bad but we cannot see our own timers ,if it was ntended then the timer would be shown for us on our own flags as well 

26 minutes ago, Nari said:

Well it takes 10min to reclaim so why not 10min of being active? Achieves the same effect minus the tedious reclaiming (which itself is an issue simply due to Overlap. Overlap needs to be patched asap)

a lot of the time u cannot replace the flags as neighbor are overlapping ? so its bullshit that this is the system intended for the game 

7 minutes ago, mizunami said:

lol where the hell do you live at nari, you should mov eto the west zones lol

West Tundra. I'd give the grid and isle but I feel that my opinion on these heater matters will only invite grievers and exploits. The system isn't perfect but it's not entirely broken either.

1 minute ago, UDO said:

this the system is not designed to have u replace flags every 3 days , it wouldnt be so bad but we cannot see our own timers ,if it was ntended then the timer would be shown for us on our own flags as well 

Speculation or do you have a source? Because the only thing to indicate those intentions is one line in the natch potes. I personally think it was just poor communication on their part (or a bandaid until working as intended can't be sure either way because there's nothing official on the matter.)

1 minute ago, Nari said:

West Tundra. I'd give the grid and isle but I feel that my opinion on these heater matters will only invite grievers and exploits. The system isn't perfect but it's not entirely broken either.

Speculation or do you have a source? Because the only thing to indicate those intentions is one line in the natch potes. I personally think it was just poor communication on their part (or a bandaid until working as intended can't be sure either way because there's nothing official on the matter.)

i understand, im west tropical. we were gonan move to tundra, but we eneded up staying here. also fiber is life. 

i woudl also like to know if we will ever get an official response . they need someone to monitor the forums and reply to people with answers.

Edited by mizunami