Sign in to follow this  
hands solo

Stone water reservoir

Can someone pls explain the stone water reservoir. What goes it, there are ten slots. ? Do you fill it up yourself or do you just build it and it fills up ? Do you need a natural water reserve to fill it ?

J

Stone Water reservoirs hold 200 water.  They passively collect water from rain.  You can connect pipes to them to water plants or place a spigot on the pipe to give yourself water.  Barrels on the other hand require the player to take off the lid during rain to fill.  After the rain, make sure you close the lid or the water will evaporate.  Barrels hold 500 water.  I'm unsure if you can connect pipes yo them but, you should be able to.  Also, with barrels, you can fill water skins with them by placing them in the water barrel inventory and waiting a few seconds.  Reservoirs cannot fill skins.  Hope that helps.  Cheers!

Ok as I thought but n.. big but here -- there is NEVER any rain on the island I live on - in fact I have never seen ANY rain in the whole of the grid M10. EVER. Thunder yes .. lightening even - RAIN not a drop.  L10 I was there heading towards Bresport and it rained pretty much as soon as I entered the grid. Seing as though they are different servers - our thunder and lightening isn't coming from L10. M10 the grid the rain god forgot...!

I guess it was a waste of rocks..!

J

Edited by hands solo

Resoivoirs fill without rain, as long as they go into stasis (no one logged in around them). Just tested it myself and all had water in them after half an hour or an hour in stasis. If your in a busy spot with people around 24/7 then they may never fill

Hi, now I will ask a dumb question but how do u juse the stone water supply after it is filled -.- have two water supplys with 200/200 but I cant understand how to drink from it.....press E...check 🙂 put in water "bags" in water supplys slots to fill….check....have no ide how to drink the water from them xD can anyone tell me :) cheers

5 hours ago, jabnlab said:

Resoivoirs fill without rain, as long as they go into stasis (no one logged in around them). Just tested it myself and all had water in them after half an hour or an hour in stasis. If your in a busy spot with people around 24/7 then they may never fill

nope not busy … and how do you access the water ..? mine is still empty  is there a tab for drink water in inventory ? Or do you place a skin in it  ?

Edited by hands solo

1 hour ago, hands solo said:

nope not busy … and how do you access the water ..? mine is still empty  is there a tab for drink water in inventory ? Or do you place a skin in it  ?

You put a pipe and tap on them, and you can drink from the tap or fill water skins/jars

21 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

You put a pipe and tap on them, and you can drink from the tap or fill water skins/jars

it wont let me … it says pipe must be put in water or attached to pipe with water. Lets talk skills is there a construction water skill - I have the barrel one. I also have a pipe in my inventory, im lvl 26.

Edited by hands solo

Press T and change it from the underground water pipe to the one you want to use.

As for it filling with water you need to go out of render range for a time.

Once out of range the Reservoir go's into stasis and during that time the game will work out what the average rainfall during the stasis time would be and how much water would have been collected and fills the reservoir accordingly.

With a bunch of them on to of your building you can collect a fair chunk of rainwater that way when offline.

13 minutes ago, hands solo said:

it wont let me … it says pipe must be put in water or attached to pipe with water. Lets talk skills is there a construction water skill - I have the barrel one. I also have a pipe in my inventory, im lvl 26.

If you hit "t" while you try to place the pipe it will change what type it is.

Question, can anyone not in you company use a tap? Im on pve and lawless and see a lot of new players so I want to set up a community watering hole

Edited by jabnlab

Ok so I fitted a tap to it .. which has its own inventory - I put a skin in the inventory and nothing happens .. what do I press to USE the tap and fill a skin please, your help has been truly appreciated as Im trapped on this island without being able stock up my ship to some extent. So all I need to know now is how to fill a skin from the tap inventory. I think I tried every damn letter key.

Edited by hands solo

24 minutes ago, hands solo said:

Ok so I fitted a tap to it .. which has its own inventory - I put a skin in the inventory and nothing happens .. what do I press to USE the tap and fill a skin please, your help has been truly appreciated as Im trapped on this island without being able stock up my ship to some extent. So all I need to know now is how to fill a skin from the tap inventory. I think I tried every damn letter key.

You have to put a straight pipe then the tap on the pipe, for some reason you can just directly tap the resivoir. But if theres water in the resivor it will auto fill you skins. You can also drink directly from the tap